Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did you bottlefeed?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 275 Total Views
My son loved his bottle, I let him bottlefeed till he was 3 yrs.  Of course he would eat solid food, but when he was thirsty, it was the bottle.  His bottle seemed to relax him.  Formula is expensive and he was allergic to milk, so after a year I gave him 1 scoop of formula/bottle instead of two.  Does anyone have any tips about giving up the bottle sooner?  I don't want to bottlefeed my next one till 3.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:13 PM
My daughter was off the bottle by 12months.  I started giving her a sippy cup by 5/6months. She just played w/it at first..but by 7months she had water/juice in it. If it wasnt time for a bottle..she could have her cup. The only thing she ever had in her bottle was formula..nothing else!! So when she was 12months she was on 4 bottles a day. Morning, Midmorning, Midafternnon and Bedtime. So one day i took away the midafternoon one..and replaced w/a snack and her cup. After a couple days I took away the midmorning one. After about a week of just the two..I took away the morning and replaced w/her cup. Then about aweek later I took away  her before bedtime one.  she also never went in her bed w/cup or bottle! she did have her precious nuk..which we just took that away cold turkey aabout 3 weeks ago. she never missed the bottle or didnt even realize it was going away. Good luck :-)
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 8:33 PM
 I think the things that helped us was that the bottle was never a pacifier for my girls. They never got a bottle in bed, or fall asleep with one. The was mainly because of their reflux They also never really got attached to it, I think. They didn't hold their own bottle until they were like 10 months old. We went straight from the bottle to a straw sippy cup @ 13months old and haven't looked back. We also pretty much stopped formula cold turkey. they didn't like whole milk so we went soy and slowly added in whole milk.

by New Member on Jul. 10, 2007 at 7:47 AM
my oldest is 15 months & she is still on the bottle. she is too attached to it. & she was a preemie. she doesnt eat a lot. & my other one is almost 2 months so she is still on it

Im , I'll be 20 in August. Im engaged to Daniel, 27. We met at work, he was my manager. I have 2 preemie daughters, Haley will be 15 months & Brooklyn is 1 month.

Haley Abigail Kathryn was born April 5, 2006 @ 2:28pm by emergency c-section. I was induced due to high blood pressure & preeclampsia. I was at 7 hours of labour & @ 7cm when they checked me, she was breech. She was 5 weeks early. She weighed 4 pounds, 13.6oz & 18 1/4" long. She was in the nicu for a day.

Brooklyn Scarlett Marie was born May 17, 2007 @ 4:29pm by repeat c-section. She also was 5 weeks early. Also had high blood pressure & preeclampsia. She weighed 5pounds, 1oz & 171/2" long. She was in the nicu for 2 days.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 8:05 PM
I am trying to get dd to get her formula in a sippy, and she does juice perfectly. She makes a mess with the formula, but she gets most all of it in her mouth. I am planning to get her off the bottle and the formula on her frist birthday or VERY soon after, and if she still wants her night-time bottle, I guess it wouldn't hurt for a while longer. But I am going to start with the sippy more and more, and then stop the formula on her first birthday.

Jordan Habacker, lost April 2007 Abby Rose born 11-4-2006

(boothfamily for those who don't know.............)

There are better ways to bond. 100% against breastfeeding.

Formula never killed a baby so why the hate?

Child Loss group:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)