Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
So I had planned to breast feed my Daughter from before I even conceived. but when she was born it just didn't happen. She wouldn't latch on and she was so fussy because she was hungry so by the time we were home I started on formula and there was no turning back. No big deal I got over it. Until now. Just a couple of weeks ago my best friend gave birth to her first child. I knew she planned on breast feeding and I hoped that she would succeed at it. About a week after he was born she and her husband started coming over about every other day to hang out. And now it seems as though she is rubbing it in my face that she can breast feed and I can't.  Every time he cries the littlest bit she feeds him. And talks about how he has been so good at feeding from day one and how he eats so much and for long periods of time and how she feels such a close bond through breast feeding. blah blah blah. She even snapped at me when I touched the baby's ticklish feet while he was eating because and I quote " Its not your nipple in his mouth" So he jumped a little. Big deal. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like that. She makes me feel like a bad mother and I know im not. Maybe im just overreacting but she is a good friend and I don't want to distance myself from her over this. Any advice?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SiobhansMommy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Tell her how you feel.  If she is a true friend she will understand.  One thing I hate is when people say their is no better bond than when you breastfeed.  i feel that is complete and utter bs.  my daughter and i have such a close bond.  She is a total mommies girl.  I didn't breastfeed her.  I could have but I chose not to.

Andrea

Proud_Navy_Wife.gifcare.gif
crazyoverDisney.gif

mom-quit
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:47 AM
LMAO SHE DIDNT YELL AT YOU TO BE MEAN IT JUST REALLY HURTS WHEN BABY HAS YOUR NIPPLE IN ITS MOUTH AND GOES TO SQUIRM.....LIKE A REALLY BAD TITTY TWISTER LOL.  SHE IS PROBABLY JUST REALLY PROUD THAT SHE HAS SUCCEDED AND DOESNT REALISE THAT SHE IS BOTHERING YOU ...JUST LET HER KNOW....NICELY  : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)