Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the battle to breastfeed

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

I recently read this article on BettyConfidential and found it really relatable. Anyone else? http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/When_Breast_is_not_Best.html

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mom3Princess00
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Relatable, I guess.  I can't say I tried that long.  I just don't see what the big deal is about breastfeeding.  Yes, I know all of the benefits.  But the fact remains that a baby will be fine on formula.  I chose to feed formula from the beginning with baby #3.  I was very confident in my decision.  Only one person questioned me- my midwife.  She asked me 'didn't you nurse your other girls?'  I replied that I did (although not for very long, truth be told), but this is what I chose this time and she will be fine.  All she said was 'yes, she will.'  This from a midwife (OK, one who's pretty open to epidurals, etc, but no less a midwife).

My point is that it's not the end of the world if you stop breastfeeding (or don't do it at all), which is what I got from the article.

I am a medicated childbirth, formula-feeding, vaxing, non-cosleeping, disciplining, Republican, church-going, SAHM of three (in other words everything unpopular).

Beatriceevans
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Mom3--I so admire your conviction and confidence in your decision. I wish I could be that strong, but the minute someone asks me I start stammering. The guilt, the guilt--ugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)