Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I feel.......

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 331 Total Views

Everyone can answer.  Just start with, "Today I feel........"

Today I feel content.  Warm and fuzzy.  Cozy.  Its a gray fall day.  Its cold outside and I have my "decaf" coffee and the kitty on my lap, purring away.  The colors on the trees, outside are beautiful.  I love Autumn and everything that comes with it!  Pumpkins, cool weather, colorful scenes, Halloween, Thanksgiving.  It just has such a since of family.  I'm happy being pregnant.  I feel great.  I have a "to do" list a mile long.  Everytime I cross one off, I add two!  I'm nesting.  So, today holds promise.  I hold onto that, keeping my contentment close by, and get up to start my day.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hillmom
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Today I Feel...

Motivated and lazy! I fell motivated to move and play with my DD (like really run around a play), but I don't even want to touch the house work!

Pregnant and nursing... Going for my first home birth...  Come join my online baby pool!

Hnnhvw
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Today I feel lazy.

There's so much housework that needs to be done before the holidays and I just haven't been feeling up to it.
I think I might be getting a cold.

I do like the weather change. I have been going for walks lately which is very refreshing.
I'm normally a Summer girl. I love the heat... but when I'm pregnant I get hot too quickly so I prefer the Fall now.
I'm still dreading Winter though. I hate being really cold!

kcangel63
by Member on Oct. 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Like exercising!  :)  I am motivated to do good for my body and my baby today.  I made a gallon of RRL tea last night, to get me through the next few days.  I got my tinctures and 6 week formula in the mail yesterday.  I've almost gotten my birth kit together.  I have some packing still left to do, to prepare for our move in a few weeks.  :)  DH felt baby move last night.  :)  I checked out the hypnobirthing book from the library yesterday and decided I'm going to go ahead and buy it on ebay (can get it for less than $5).  :)

Things are going well this week.  I am happy.  I am excited about all the new things I am doing with this birth (UC, water birth, and hypnobirthing).  I can't wait for labor (hopefully at 40-42 weeks though). 

MarynmomofColby
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Today I feel pregnant and fat.  I despise being negative when I really want to be productive and elated!  LOL!  I've gained so much weight.  I don't really care about it now but I'm afraid that it will be really hard to get off later!  Aaahhhh!  I still eat well so I'm not too concerned about the weight.  Its just hard to be a girl in this society!   We always want to look our best and my self esteem is taking a huge hit when I can't even wear some of my maternity clothes!  I still have almost 3 months to go!   Holy COW!  Yes, I mean cow!  :) 

Uuugghhh!  So on the "bright" side.  I've been getting a lot of things done lately.  I'm happy about that.  My photography business is rolling. (Even though I lack the motivation being pregnant.)  I have been sewing and plan to finish the last baby blanket today or tomorrow. 

My hubby is working his butt off, building our new house.  The roof is going on this week.  Its going up fast.  Our life is anything but calm right now.  *shrug*  I guess I'll save that until the baby comes!  (Yeah right!)  :)

CafeMom Tickers
Dawn-Kiame
by Member on Oct. 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Today I feel.... so sad.

DH left last night on a three month trip.crying

He is scheduled to return only a week before my due date.  He is somewhere over the Atlantic ocean right now, and won't be to his final destination for at least another day, but I miss him already...

On the bright side, hopefully I'll be able to get some sewing done while he is away...

MarynmomofColby
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Today I feel....depleted.  I haven't slept for 3 nights/days.  I'm at my end.  I don't even know why I'm on here except I have a bit of sleep anxiety.  I'm afraid to go to sleep, being so tired, because I'm afraid someone or something will wake me up.  Its a vicious cycle for me!  *yawn*

It started out with my right arm falling asleep and cramping a couple of weeks ago.  It is really uncomfortable and only does it at night.  Well, the other day, it didn't stop tingling all day. (After a night tossing and turning and getiing up to go pee, I finally got up around 5:30, frustrated with trying to sleep.) 

So, that day I went to the Doctor, the Chiropractor didn't help previously.  He said it was carpal tunnel and very common with pregnancy.  He gave me, *gulp*, a steriod injection.  I had to weigh out the pros and cons on that one.  Not sleeping, in my opinion, was almost as bad for baby as the damn injection.   So I got it.  It hurt like a son-of-a-#&$&# -BTW.

So, that night was bad.  My wrist hurt all night long.  I was up and wide awake, feeling like I had a huge dose of caffeine.  My guess is that is how I reacted to the steriod?  That was night 2 with no sleep.

Now, I've been dealing with a minor cold for a couple of days.  Its really cold (10'-20' degrees) and dry here.  Last night, I got sick with it.  The only good thing was that my arm was finally doing great!  Ggggrrrrrrrr! 

When the fever hit, I got the chills and couldn't stop shaking.  But to make matters worse, I took an extra dose of vitamin C before bed.  HEARTBURN to the max!  I had to wake my husband up to get me some Tums because I couldn't walk, I was shaking so bad.  I felt like I was going to throw up.  It was horrible.

I probably took 5+ pee stops because I hydrated so well, thinking I could get over this cold!  It was a miserable night and night 3 with out sleep! 

Today, I'm actually doing pretty good.  Nothing like last night.  If I wasn't so tired, I would probably feel almost back to new.  I have a headache and am pretty snotty!  It can be hard to look at the "bright" side of things when I'm so run down but I do think things are looking up.  So I'm headed off to take a nap now.  Night!

CafeMom Tickers
Dawn-Kiame
by Member on Dec. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Today, I feel crampy (in my leg).

Oh MarynmomofColby!  That sounds terrible!  I have woken up the last two nights with a charlie horse.  The one last night wasn't so bad- it relaxed after less than a minute, but it still hurts like 5 hours later.  And of course, I couldn't get back to sleep.  The night before was really weird!  I almost called 911.  I woke up to horrible pain in my calf and my foot flexed, and it would not relax!  I tried to force my foot down/pointed, and it would pop back up to flexed.  I tried massaging it, willing it to relax, everything I could think of.  It was like someone else had control of my foot and leg.  And it hurt so bad!!!  Then it mysteriously went away on its own (after several minutes), and was totally fine.  Weird.  I have started eating bananas as of today...

Pregnancy Ticker

MarynmomofColby
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Potatoes (with the skin) have more potassium than bananas, just to let you know.  Also it can take a while to build your levels back up, just like with iron anemia.  Bare with it.  Dehydration can be a cause of muscle cramps too.  This time of pregnancy is its own cause though, unfortunately.   I get them in my calves too.  Nothing too bad, thank goodness.

When they happen, get up and do the calf stretch against the wall.  And/or walk to the bathroom.  Getting the blood flowing helps.  During the day, if you aren't too tired, you could add a bit more exercise to your routine and stretching.  That will help the muscles keep blood flow to them and, hopefully lessen any cramping. 

Good luck.  I know you aren't asking for advise but I just wanted to comment, just in case you needed some.  I hope they get better.  :)

Quoting Dawn-Kiame:

Today, I feel crampy (in my leg).

Oh MarynmomofColby!  That sounds terrible!  I have woken up the last two nights with a charlie horse.  The one last night wasn't so bad- it relaxed after less than a minute, but it still hurts like 5 hours later.  And of course, I couldn't get back to sleep.  The night before was really weird!  I almost called 911.  I woke up to horrible pain in my calf and my foot flexed, and it would not relax!  I tried to force my foot down/pointed, and it would pop back up to flexed.  I tried massaging it, willing it to relax, everything I could think of.  It was like someone else had control of my foot and leg.  And it hurt so bad!!!  Then it mysteriously went away on its own (after several minutes), and was totally fine.  Weird.  I have started eating bananas as of today...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)