Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an idea...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, ok. You can call me lazy, but I'm already tired of highlighting, copying, then going to to players and pasting just to get to someone's latteland profile in order to do a trade or whatnot.  Unless ya'll know an easier way, might I suggest leaving a direct link to our latteland profile in our signatures? even hyperlinking our siggy's that are pics like I've seen.  What do ya'll think?

my profile: krystallina

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kaidansmylife
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM

i think thats a great idea! Now if i only knew how to do it lol... but seriously it is a good one!!

tidesfoblue
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Here's my thought:

There have been instances where someone paid for something, and the other person just went AWOL. The person who paid isn't going to stop playing, so it would be difficult to prove that you actually paid for something if doubt arises. You would have to travel back through however many pages of journal entries to be able to find when you paid. The whole copy/paste thing therefore helps make things simpler.

Also, it's an easy way to say "look, I've paid you, so you can send the EP/SD now!"

Heather2001
by Java Mod on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Yes, this.  If there's a problem, many times us Mods are made aware and it's very difficult to dig through pages and pages of journal entries to solve the issue.  Copying and pasting it here will just help cover your butt.  =^)

Quoting tidesfoblue:

Here's my thought:

There have been instances where someone paid for something, and the other person just went AWOL. The person who paid isn't going to stop playing, so it would be difficult to prove that you actually paid for something if doubt arises. You would have to travel back through however many pages of journal entries to be able to find when you paid. The whole copy/paste thing therefore helps make things simpler.

Also, it's an easy way to say "look, I've paid you, so you can send the EP/SD now!"

hotshotzcjb
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I agree with this bu tthat's not what she is saying.... what she is saying is that when we offer to buy or we offer to sell .... then we need to put a link to our page on the post somewhere either in a siggie or on a word or something so that the person buying/selling has an easier time finding us.... when I first started selling EP's I had to ask how to find the person because I just didn't know .... and I read everything I could before I started playing.... It would be so much easier if ther was a link... instead of having to look up the person by copying and pasting their name in the search bar!

Quoting Heather2001:

Yes, this.  If there's a problem, many times us Mods are made aware and it's very difficult to dig through pages and pages of journal entries to solve the issue.  Copying and pasting it here will just help cover your butt.  =^)

Quoting tidesfoblue:

Here's my thought:

hotshotzcjb
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I could make siggies for people to use to link their pages to when they want others to find them.... if you wants me too.... 

paisleypaint
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Send paisleypaint a Message | Friend Invite

The link could go down on the bottom with these for LL players profile!

I am a baby wearing,coffee drinking,formula feeding,groovy feeling,germ killing,queen of my castle!

Chloe Sarah~5/14/09wearing crown

blueflamz
by Java Mod on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I like this idea=)  A visit LL profile button

Quoting paisleypaint:

Send paisleypaint a Message | Friend Invite

The link could go down on the bottom with these for LL players profile!

RainyRain
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I would love one, it sure would make it easier ☻

Thanks in advance

Quoting hotshotzcjb:

I could make siggies for people to use to link their pages to when they want others to find them.... if you wants me too.... 

XXX's

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM

We won't be able to add an option to everyone's posts, but we like the idea of leaving a link in your buy/sell/trade posts or making a signature with a link to your Latte Land profile.  We're working on a sticky post for this forum to refer people to, so we'll be sure to include something like that to encourage others to include a profile link.

` The CafeMom Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)