Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

y'all have been awesome everyother time! I need help again!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know what im doing wrong! Jessica is a very sweet, loving, smart and strong little 5yo. She is pretty and everything. But she ABSOLUTLY HATES school. Im beginning to beleive the problems we were having with her BM's and constipation was partly a result of her not liking school. (AKA a behavioural problem) In 6 weeks of school she has only had one minor discipline problem, and I mean minor, she drew in a book of the teachers and all she got was a warning. She cried and cried and cried over that. She was afraid to go to school the next day for fear the teacher would be mad at her. She is doing EXCELLENT work. Never hear complaints about her doing her homework. I dont even have to help her. She knows what to do. And she is starting to right 3 and 4 letter words. Some are correct and some are missing maybe 1 letter. And they arent even working on that at school. She says she cries for me at recess and PE (which for kindergarden is basically another recess) and that the other kids see her and try to cheer her up. It doesnt seem to me that other kids are mean to her. And ive heard from other moms of older kids that her teacher is an awesome teacher. And she seems to be a great teacher. IDK what to do. It breaks my heart to see her have so much trouble!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cmlkb
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I have a question or two...has she been in daycare or nurseryschool before, or is this her firt time being away from home for that period of time? Does she talk much about school, the other kids...

I think some sort of anxiety can definitely cause such problems, I saw it with one of mine years ago. It may not be the teacher she's anxious about (if that's the problem) but another student, something someone said...my daughter would not go to the bathroom at about the same age because a bigger boy was telling her stories about a toilet blowing up and catching on fire...ow we know that's ridiculous, but a child that young does not.

I was thinking maybe it would help to play school with her and see what you can learn. You play the part of your daughter and let her be the teacher, or bus driver, or students...remember they have active imaginations and may make things up, yet sometimes what is troubling them comes out in play, and you can talk after...but DON"T put ideas in her head or be suggestive, you want whatever to come from her...

keep in touch

cmlkb
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Just checking in to see how it's going...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)