Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-Enchiladas

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

who can give me a simple recipe for enchiladas that use regular enchilada sauce and rotel? i used to make them using these all the time but it has been so long that i can't remember exactly how to do it 

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NicolesMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

No clue, Hon! Why don't you google it? 

TatymMommi
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM

i have been and can't come up with one that seems right 

Quoting NicolesMommy:

No clue, Hon! Why don't you google it? 

Garciamommyof3
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I have a recipe I created myself but there is not any rotel in it. I am sure you can add it on top if  you want it on there. I have one for chicken, ground beef, shredded beef, and cheese. If you want, I can send it to you. They have sour cream in it, too, just to let you know because I know some people don't like sour cream.

TatymMommi
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM

the ground beef one sounds good 

Quoting Garciamommyof3:

I have a recipe I created myself but there is not any rotel in it. I am sure you can add it on top if  you want it on there. I have one for chicken, ground beef, shredded beef, and cheese. If you want, I can send it to you. They have sour cream in it, too, just to let you know because I know some people don't like sour cream.

Garciamommyof3
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Preheat oven to 350 and  grease a 9 x 13 pan.

To make filling: mix 2 lb ground beef with 16 ounces sour cream, 2 cups of cheese, half onion diced, 2 garlic cloves diced, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Set aside.

Warm tortillas either on the stove or in the microwave just till soft so they are easier to work with. Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and dip the tortillas in it one at time coating front and back. Fill tortilla with filling and roll up and then place in pan. repeat with remaining tortillas. Squish them together or get a second pan that they will fit into if needed.

When done, pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas. You can add the Ro-Tel at this point or it can be mixed in with the filling, it is up to you. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Remove from stove and let cool slighlty before serving. Corn or flour tortillas can be used. We use corn but I prefer the flour ones.

I hope this helps and that you and your family like it! By the way Kraft has a website called Kraftfoods.com and they have a lot of recipes in there. You can also sign up for a magazine they have out 4-5 times a year. It use to be free but I heard they are going to start charging for the magazine but the website is still free. Plus they give you an oppurtunity to get free coupons once in a while when they have survey. Bye!!

TatymMommi
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

awesome thanx! im always looking for new foods i think later this week we will have cowboy stew, stuffed bell peppers, enchiladas and who knows what else i like to cook so always fun! 

Quoting Garciamommyof3:

Preheat oven to 350 and  grease a 9 x 13 pan.

To make filling: mix 2 lb ground beef with 16 ounces sour cream, 2 cups of cheese, half onion diced, 2 garlic cloves diced, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Set aside.

Warm tortillas either on the stove or in the microwave just till soft so they are easier to work with. Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and dip the tortillas in it one at time coating front and back. Fill tortilla with filling and roll up and then place in pan. repeat with remaining tortillas. Squish them together or get a second pan that they will fit into if needed.

When done, pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas. You can add the Ro-Tel at this point or it can be mixed in with the filling, it is up to you. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Remove from stove and let cool slighlty before serving. Corn or flour tortillas can be used. We use corn but I prefer the flour ones.

I hope this helps and that you and your family like it! By the way Kraft has a website called Kraftfoods.com and they have a lot of recipes in there. You can also sign up for a magazine they have out 4-5 times a year. It use to be free but I heard they are going to start charging for the magazine but the website is still free. Plus they give you an oppurtunity to get free coupons once in a while when they have survey. Bye!!

Garciamommyof3
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I know I love to cook too! My husband likes it when I "play" in the kitchen. It is when I go in with no idea of what to make, throw somethings together and presto! i made something delicious. Or I sometimes recreate recipes of things we have eaten somewhere and loved. I am working on the ENCHILADA SOUP from Chili's right now. It taste really good if you add a little sour cream to it. I already made their taco soup and broccoli and cheese. Also I figured out the bread from Reb lobster. it is so much fun! Just miss my dish washer for the mess afterwards. We just moved and there isn't one here. Oh, well.

shanlaree
by Java Mod on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Go to allrecipes.com. I LOVE that site! Whenever I need a recipe, that is where I go. What is really useful is all the reviews. You can see how many people have tried the recipes and what ratings they give it, their suggestions and so on. You can also change the servings size and the ingredients amounts will change too. VERY wonderful site!!

Halloween-all-3.gif picture by shanlaree3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)