Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD Contest #1 *CLOSED*

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

As of right now I've got 100 SD.  Of course... with the witch giving them left and right I'll prolly be getting more. lolz.  So I will be having contests to get rid of them all since I don't need them. haha.  The winner of each contest will get 5 SD.

So... for contest number one.  This is for the first ten to reply.  I want some funny stories since my day has been pretty crappy so far. hehe.  The one to make me laugh the most is the winner.  They don't have to be YOUR stories... but I would appreciate it if they were. lolz.  They can be a friend's story.  Only one reply per person will count.  You CAN reply with more than one but only the first one will be counted for the contest.

Nine is close enough.  I'm finally tired early for once (darn insomnia) and am home alone with no DH (on duty) or DS (visiting AIL while DH is working since the pregnancy has been hard on me lately) so I'm able to sleep.  YEA!!!!!! lolz

Anyways... the winner is: hotshotzcjb.  CONGRATS!!!!!

11:23 PM, Oct 29, 2009

I gave 5 Stardusts to hotshotzcjb.

Although now thx to the witch (even after giving the SD already) I have more SD than I started with. haha.  I will be posting the next contest tomorrow.  Thank you to everyone who particated and good luck to those who participate in the next contest.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough religion to make us love one another. ~~ Jonathan Swift

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElizaDaniels
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM

A few years ago I was at church and had been very sick...At the end of the service I was trying to leave quickly because I felt so poorly...a couple of women waylaid me and began delving into a conversation with me. I actually collapsed!!  It was so embarrassing...

Well, the ladies helped me get to my feet and one of them looked at my 3 1/2 year old  little girl.

"Are you going to help your Mommy get home safely?" she asked.

My daughter looked her square in the eye and said incredulously..."NO"

The lady said "Why not?"

My daughter said: "Because.....

I can't drive!!!!"

sassysue1
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Maybe not a rotflmao story but sweet & funny anyway....

Many years ago my "tomboy" daughter was doing something sweet, so I gave her a kiss on the cheek...she immediately began wiping her cheek with her hand and shirt. 

I asked her, "Sara, why are you wiping off my kiss, don't you like when Mommy gives you kisses"? 

Always one with a quick comeback and a nack for staying out of trouble she smiled sweetly and said"  No, Mom, I'm not wiping it off...I'm rubbing it in"!   Yeah, right!  LOL Still it made my heart melt. 

Whenever I think of this it never ceases to cheer me.  Hope your day gets better! 

ss

WoodWitch
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Honey, I could write you a book on the Vortex of Stupidity that would have you laughing for a week.  But I will give you a quick one.....

• Background:  My son, who is now sixteen, was 5.  The CrazyHorse is a strip club.  My father has a horse.
  • Set the scene:  Kindergarten class talking about what their parents do.

So Pauley's friend Justin stands up and introduces his mom to the class and says, "This is my mom and she works at the Crazy Horse."  My son says, "Wow my grandpa rides horses too!"

How"s That!

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe....

cellochica
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I was eating red hots one day (you know, the really small cinnamon candies?).  Well, my 3 y/o asked me for some, so I gave her a small handful...she's had them before I knew she liked them.  A few minutes later, she was crying, "Mommy, it hurts!  Get it out!"  Now, this child has never stuck more than a finger up her nose.  She had 3 red hots up one nostril!  I got them out pretty easily and she's never put anything up there again!  Once I knew she was okay, I just busted out laughing and couldn't stop!

PinaiAngelPai15
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

BUMP

These are great ladies but I'd still like ten before I choose the winner of the contest so we need six more. hehe

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough religion to make us love one another. ~~ Jonathan Swift

disgustipated
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Sometime last year, my 2 year old was still in a crib, but able to climb out all on his own with no problems. He was still in the room with me and would just come climb into my bed and lay with me for a bit before we got up.

Well, eventually he started getting into things, rather than waking me up, of course. Well, I had a basket full of junk that I kept on the shelf above my bed. There was a cup in there that had some hair clips, and other junk, including a couple of condoms.

Well, leave it to a 2 year old to open one of those condoms up with no issues and stick it to my face as a wake up call!

Most disgusting feeling to wake up to... well, I'm sure there could be worse... but ew.

hotshotzcjb
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I don 't know if this will read as funny as it's told but let's try it...

My husband and I were scout leaders for my oldest son's cub scout troop through out his grade school years. As the boys grew older we all became like family so right  before they bridged up to boy scouts we had a big "lock in" at our house. Now one of our scouts had MS and was wheelchair bound so we had to help him with his most basic needs. Well Hubby took him in and when he was returning him to his chair he pulled a muscle in his back. So we called in other leaders to continue the lock in and I took him to the hospital fifteen miles away. Now my husband is a lightweight when it comes to meds so when they gave him a demerol shot and sent him home it became really funny. The orderly helped me get him into the truck and off toward the house we went. Well about three blocks from the hospital I stopped at 7-11 and got hubby a mountain dew and me a pepsi. Then on to the house we went. About a block from 7-11 DH starts .,..

"I  gotta go pee."

"do you want me to turn around?" I asked.

"Naw" he says

"where's my shoes?" He asks.

" You couldn't bend over to get them on remember?"

"oh... yea"  he says...

then very softly... "I ain't smoking no more of that sh**."

At which point I laugh and tell him "Baby you remember you went to the hospital and got a shot."

Oh.... yea

and the conversation continues...

"I gotta go pee..."

"Do you want me to stop?"

naw...

Where's my shoes

at the house remember?

Oh ... yea

I ain't smokin no more of that shi*

You didn't they gave you a shot

Oh ... yea

I gotta go pee...

I can stop...

naw...

Where's my shoes?

At THE HOUSE

Oh

I ain't smoking no more .,.,.,

You didn't... oh ok fine

I gotta go pee...

I can stop...

naw...

Where's my shoes?

gone

I ain't smokin no more.of.. that shi*

I told you not too...

I gotta go pee...

hold it we'll be home soon

K...

Where's my shoes?

I sold them

Whad you get for them?

this pepsi and that mountain dew...

Oh ok...

then quietly...

You should have gotten two mountain dews they was good shoes....

CFAngelsMom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Well, I'm sure I could come up with one, but after reading Chrissy's post I'm not even gonna try ROFLAMO!!!!  I'm still dieing here and it has taken me 10 minutes to type this cuz I'm laughing and hitting the wrong keys! 

ETA***** BTW.....ALL of these are very good... hard to decide!

Heidioie_twinkles.gif picture by cfangelsmom

my6kidsmom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM

The saying is out of the mouth of babes, so here's mine:

My next to the oldest daughter works in town at Dairy Queen. My husband usually prepares dinner on the one night a week he has off. He tends to not follow a recipe, and creates his own. My daughter happened to be working on this particular night. When she came home from work, dad asked her if she was hungry. She said no, she had already eaten at work. Dad asked, "Why, what do I cook? Poop?" My daughter replies, "No, sometimes Mom cooks."

This doesn't read as funny as it actually was, but hope it made you smile at least.

stephyb1103
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Oh, Chrissy!  That story is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!  Thank you for sharing!

Stephanie

trick or treathappy halloween

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)