Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not LL related, but......

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

How old were your kids when they had their first teeth cleaning and do you have any tips to make it easier? I'm taking both my boys in the morning. it's my youngest's first dentist visit. Michael, the older one, likes the dentist and he's going first to show Drakkon how to be a big boy about it.

http://www.cafemom.com/games/latte_land/profile.php?player_id=1842528
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
paisleypaint
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM

bump I am not sure how to answer your question but here's a bump!

boy_or_girl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:25 AM

I took my son either after he got his first couple of teeth or 6 months old. Can't remember which.

Garciamommyof3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:06 AM

The dentists out here won't see kids until they need exams for school. My middle daughter had her first in April for kindergarten. We read books about what happened at the dentist watched favorite shows with episodes and talked about it. She is very sensitive so it is not good to lie to her and have them surprise her with something. I stayed with her the whole time and promised her something special when we were done. Unfortunately, during the exam they found a small cavity in one of her near the front teeth so we decided to go ahead and fix it. The dentist said she wouldn't need any shot or anything because it was so, small but after she started drilling it she realized it was deeper than it looked. She had my dd look at a poster behind her and they said they were shooting water in her mouth. As the water started to spray they gave her the shot in her gums really fast. She only cried because she was afraid to choke on the water. She didn't even know they used a needle. After the dentist said she couldn't eat for 4 hours due to the numbness but she could get a milkshake or something and drink . The Target where we get our prescriptions filled had a Starbucks in it so I let her choose one of the Frappucinos that is caffeine free and she felt so special. She was exited to go back this past Monday for a check up.  My oldest is a different story but she busted her front teeth when she was 3 and our dentist at the time refused to her until she ended up with an abscess and had to have her tooth pulled. They didn't wait till the medicine was in full effect before they pulled so she felt a lot. She did really well with the new dentist though. She needed a lot of work and had to go every other week for 2 months to get her work down. Word to the wise: Do not give a bottle after 18 months or else make sure it is only water. I told my husband this for years, but every night when I worked the night shift, he would give her one to go to bed because she wouldn't calm down with out me there. Unfortunately, he didn't use water. I found out later he had used milk, juice, soda, and chamomile tea. She ended up with bottle rot which is why she had really bad cavities in all her baby molars and had to have so much work. I exclusively breastfed her until she was a year old, but when I went back to work a few months later my husband started using the bottles to get her to sleep. She is the only one of our girls to use the bottle because I am afraid of another one getting bottle rot to. I found out I had it when I was a baby too and that is how I knew better, but my hubby didn't really believe me. Crazy man!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)