Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Donations/Cleaning for the holidays...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone else prepping for the holiday season??? I decided to finally do the dreaded and long needed task of going through all the toys in the house. I drug every box, drawer, toy box, and buckets of toys all into the main living room and there we ended up spending several hours going through the 100's of toys and trinkets. We ended up with 2 large boxes stuffed full of decent condition toys to give away, and 2 trashcans FULL of broken and not good toys. We now have plenty of room for when the Christmas gifts arrive, and my entire house actually looks much cleaner than before. All the remaining toys are completely organized and have a place to belong.

My husband cleaned out the fishtank (so far only 1 out of 4 fish survived=(   I cleaned out the guinea pig tank and for the first time cut their incredibly long nails while trying not to get bit at the same time.  What a day!!! Danny even straightened up some himself and vaccumed a room, before he did the fish tank! Almost all the laundry except for 2 loads is done and put away, which for me is almost an impossible task.

The only thing left to do is finish some pots and pans on the stove. The holidays are soooo much more simple with a clean and uncluttered house. And since we are having a girl, I will be able to donate all my baby boy clothes. 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
itsallabtthem84
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I go through the toys all the time. Seems like at least 1 or 2 get broken every week, lol. I do need to do a really good cleaning before Christmas, but since we are not staying on for Thanksgiving it can wait, lol.

paisleypaint
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Good job!! Holidays are much nicer with everything in its place. Then you can appreciate everything on Christmas morning! My BF is afraid to help me clean! I clean like an ADD child hopped up on sugar. You are going to love having a little girl! They are so much fun!

.Josie.
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Awesome!  That's why I love the Fall so much  - there's something cathartic about decluttering and organizing.  Out with the old - make way for the new!  I've never been one for spring cleaning - by that time, I just want to be outside working on my yard and playing with my kiddo.  Fall is a much better time of the year to focus on inside the home - which makes sense because so much happens inside the home this time of year with the holidays and such. 

PinaiAngelPai15
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM

That's awesome that you got a lot of the cleaning done and got rid of some broken toys.  We don't need to get rid of any toys yet.  As for your DH cleaning out the fish tank... mine did that same exact thing a couple years ago only we had ZERO surviving fish.  I was sooooo sad.  DH bought me a dragonfish (looks like a tiny eel) and I loved it.

Congrats on the girl again too.  I wish you a wonderful pregnancy, healthy DD, and hope you have great holidays this year.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough religion to make us love one another. ~~ Jonathan Swift

NicolesMommy
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:15 AM

OK, YOU JUST MADE ME TIRED! 

Great job, GF!!!

skinnycaramel
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Ok, I have to admit to cheating.  I paid the babysitter/tutor who picks up DS from school to clean out his toy closet.  Same thing, just one child though. 2 trashcans of unidentifiable pieces in the trash. But 2 big bags of toys to give away to some kindergarten classes.  He's 11 and didn't even notice!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)