• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postcards from around the USA **UPDATE

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

Because this is such an awesome group I thought I'd ask for a little help...

Today my DS Kindergarten class made a gingerbread man who while cooking "ran away" (My crazy kid thinks the teacher ate him) His teacher is calling on anyone from around the US to mail a postcard to the class from the gingerbread man. They are going to plot the gingerbread man's whereabouts on a US map from now through January. This sounds like a great way to start learning the USA map and the more cards they get the more fun this will be for the class!

Please send me a private message if you are able or interested in mailing out a postcard and I will give the details...Thanks so much!

Well, Evan came home with a report today! His class has been getting postcards from the gingerbread man! He's visited Wisconsin, Washington, Tennessee, New York and Texas! and he says he's been all  over the North West lol....His teacher thinks they are going to hear more from him when they get back from Christmas break...

A HUGE Thank you to everyone that send out a card!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmatomandm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I'm in, I love this idea. I already PM'd you

pinkfanta1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Im from deep south texas. I did this type of thing when I was in school and its sooo fun for the kids. Im in....

Artistachica
by Java Mod on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:24 PM

How fun I'd LOVE to do it!!! =)

rockstarkk
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Thank you everyone that sent messages! I'm heading off to bed but will reply to any new messages in the morning...Thanks again for helping out!

Wyndi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Does it have to be a post card? I have a few Christmas cards left over and can send one of those out. 

Formernavybrat, former navywife, And Future navyMom.

grandmatomandm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I did my postcard and it will go out in Tom. mail.  This is what I wrote = Hi Kids,  Sorry I ran away, but I want to travel around and see some towns and cities. I will keep in touch with you and let you know where I am. Have fun and have a good Christmas. This is my first stop on my way. THE GINGERBREAD MAN

PrincessBoo
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Sent you a pm.

rockstarkk
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Yes, the note the teacher sent home did specifically ask for postcards...to recruit family and friends from around the states to mail in postcards to the class...thank you very much for the offer though

Quoting Wyndi:

Does it have to be a post card? I have a few Christmas cards left over and can send one of those out. 

carynr
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM

What a cute idea ! I'd love to help you out..just let me know what I need to do :)

lovinallofthem
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM

do you need one from California? im in southern cali..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)