Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latte Land vs. Flower Power

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:15 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Which do you like playing more: Latte Land or Flower Power?

Options:

Latte Land - because I like the challenges and I feel like I'm getting somewhere

Latte Land - because I like the leader boards

Flower Power - because I like figuring out the garden pattern puzzles

Flower Power - because I like designing gardens in the garden show

Other - let me explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

I am COMPLETELY and 100% addicted to Latte Land.  So when Flower Power was introduced, I was very excited.  It looked similar, was in the same "genre" of games, but it looked like it offered something new and different to try.  After playing it a couple of times, I knew that a lot of time was spent into developing it for us (which is very much appreciated CafeMom team =).  However, no matter how much I played it (and I really did try to give it a chance), it just doesn't compare to Latte Land.  Now I only play it, if I'm very bored and have nothing else to do (like if I'm waiting for my energy to charge up on Latte Land, all the all the babies are asleep and there is nothing on tv - not even "Jersey Shore" - just paid programming).  So here's my question - which do you like playing more: Latte Land or Flower Power?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmatomandm
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I tried Flower Power many times and just couldn;t get into it. I think it moves too slow. So when I am waiting for energy on LL I play the other GAMES and do the Speed Solitare.

ArianaRiRi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I tried Flower Power and found it to be boring. Maybe I just don't get it but it wasn't that fun for me. =p Latte Land is much better.

dinaca81
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:52 AM

I agree - at first I thought that there would be more of a sequential story line (like beating the evil queen in Latte Land) but I realized that the game solely consisted of trying to solve the garden patterns (which I STILL haven't found a logical pattern - other than pure guessing) and that once we solved the right gardens, we gained access to other areas on the map (which weren't all that interesting) - the game kind of lost it for me.  Maybe if there was an "enchanted forest" where we needed to unlock a magical garden by figuring out a puzzle (but we were at least given hints along the way) it would be easier to get into the game.  Right now, it just feels really slow and there's no reward.  Oh well - looks like it's Latte Land for me.

skinnycaramel
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Same here.  I tried FP once and just couldn't get into it.  I'm basically just trying to finish master ranks in JW now. I appreciate everything CM mom does! I just wish they'd devote their energy to adding a new advanced area in LL with MM-level payouts.  There's plenty of challenges for the new players. 

Stacey_Mac
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I go past the first location in FP.  It took forever.  Now I am stuck where I am because I foudn it to be pretty boring to build garden after garden after garden and get no where.  The amount of money you make vs. the cost of to purchase items for our own garden is a little inflated. 

I like the concept of the game, it is something a little different, but it needs another catch or two to make it feel worth playing.  I don't even know what the purpose of the game actually is?  To make your own garden bigger or just to play.  Is there even an end, or are you stuck attempting to get flower powers forever?  I see there are awards to get, just like LL but it doesn't seem like there are many to get.

ratchetlee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Quoting skinnycaramel:

Same here.  I tried FP once and just couldn't get into it.  I'm basically just trying to finish master ranks in JW now. I appreciate everything CM mom does! I just wish they'd devote their energy to adding a new advanced area in LL with MM-level payouts.  There's plenty of challenges for the new players. 

Me too.  I tried it and I just couldn't get into it.  Maybe on into the game there is more to it - IDK.  I just can't make myself stick with the game to find out.  I would love to see LL advance more too.

Basically you took the words right out of my mouth.

aidansmommy961
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Quoting skinnycaramel:

I agree. FP is boring to me because of a lack of a story. I'd like to use a jedi mind trick on the CM team to have them continue to add to LL

JessieAtHome
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM

FP is just too boring. Even if it does get better later, it is so slow in the beginning I don't care to get to the good part. I don't know that they need to add more to LL (though I wouldn't complain) I just wish if they were making a new game it would be a fun one.

Latte Land PinUp

WoodWitch
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I did the testing of Flower Power and I have played the finished version.  There is just something missing in it, I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't have the same long term appeal as Latte Land.  Of course my addiction has shown up in the whole double dipping ~ Playing LL here and on Facebook at the same time.  So thank you Fire, thank you Jfourb, thank you MommyG for making my life a little more crazy.  Left eye twitching!

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe....

jridgill
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I gave Flower Power a chance. It wasn't for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)