Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3yo DS thinks he's "THE MAN"

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

My lil man HAS to do everything with his daddy and he thinks he can do anything his dad does from using power tools, building a fire, yard work and anything else my hubby does.

Well my lil man put the icing on the cake this morning,

It has been FREEZING lately and our central heat isn't working so we use the fire place to keep warm and on extremly cold nights the kids and hubby camp in living room while I work. I got home this morn and went to bed and suggested that he put ds in his room with gate up but dh said he's warm on the couch. So I didn't argue, and ds kinda woke up to tell dh bye and dh told him NOT to touch the fireplace and to wake me up when he wakes up to add more wood. Well my 4yo dd wakes me up at 10am saying "lil bro is playing with the fireplace" So I get up to check on him and he has added 2 more long wedges to the fire which were sticking out of the fp. I had to manage to get the wood back in the fp while it was in flames, I got that fixed and looked at the back door and it was unlocked. Later when DH got home he realized there were ashes in a pile on the front porch. So we concluded that the boy went into the backyard carried the wedges back into the house. Got the metal bucket, cleaned out the hot ashes and dumped them outside.

Yes he did get in trouble for not following the rules but you should have seen the boys face when I fussed at him and popped his butt. it was a "I was only trying to help" look!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

bump surprised 

Heather2001
by Java Mod on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Haha, kids are something, aren't they?  New surprises every day!

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM

AW, how sweet. He was trying to be the man of the house.

ratchetlee
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Awww.... he was taking care of the girls, LOL.  It's sweet, but yeah very dangerous.  I could totally see my 3yo doing that too......

Kids!  Our lives would be so boring without them huh :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)