Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OFF TOPIC - Cafemom and Gemvara gave me $500 to make some custom jewelry

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

CafeMom and Gemvara gave me $500 to customize my own jewelry on gemvara.com and asked me to write my honest opinions so here goes :)

I was so excited to be chosen for this influencer program because I have been wanting a new wedding band.  My husband and I got married at the age of 21 and paid for just about everything ourselves so as you can guess our wedding bands had to be affordable.  We spent $10 on plain sterling silver bands at the mall.  This year marks 10 years of a very happy marriage so how better to celebrate then with new wedding rings?  Recently I've started looking at unique, mostly Celtic, bands when we're out wandering the mall on rainy weekends.  Sadly, our budget does not include the funds for 2 new bands right now. Then I got this notice from the CM team and started searching the Gemvara site.  My problem became choosing just one!  They were all so pretty!  (I didn't look for my husband because he's already choosen what he wants somewhere else.)  I finally decided on their 'Infinite Love' ring in sterling silver with aquamarine for both stones (as that is both of our birthstones).  The site describes the ring as: 'Two people, two gems, linked for eternity in this classic ring design that symbolizes infinite love.'

Next I decided to look through their selection of necklace pendants (which all include matching chains).  I found a really cute circle pendant that has 3 stones. I selected a diamond for the center (all of Gemvara's diamonds are high quality according to the site) to represent our daughter with an aquamarine stone on either side to represent my husband and me.

I still had $119 left of the $500 so I continued to browse and found two pendants that I was interested in.  A cursive, sterling silver letter O and a sterling silver rose.  Both represent my daughter's name and as she is starting kindergarten this autumn I decided to order one for her. I let her decide which she preferred and she asked for the rose.  'Just like in my name, Mommy!' 

The site was very easy to navagate. My only suggestion would be to add a keyword search option.  Stacey, the CSR who answered my call to place my order, was very friendly and helpful.  She told me that she loves the rose pendant. 

Based on my experience with Gemvara's website and customer service thus far I will definitely be suggesting them to people I know who are looking to get customized jewelry.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:06 PM

They're beautiful!

firenicecream
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I think it's totally on topic cuz you can come into my coffee shop and share this anytime. LOL! Girl, you are lucky. Love the jewelry you chose too!

beckie66
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:09 PM

How fun!  I love the Influencer Program :)

brighteyes112
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Me too

Quoting beckie66:

How fun!  I love the Influencer Program :)

Octobersmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Thank you ladies! 

I love the programs too. Of course this was an exeptionally nice one but even trying juice or cereal or rice etc is fun. 

JessieAtHome
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Lucky you!! How wonderful that this was something you were looking for anyway. CM rocks with all the wonderful things they do for us. I just adore the jewelry!!!

pattie14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

you choices are beautiful, lucky  you!!!  wish i could be chosen for something like that.

Octobersmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Quoting pattie14:

you choices are beautiful, lucky  you!!!  wish i could be chosen for something like that.

I LOVE your avatar...though mine would say Mrs Will Turner ;)

Octobersmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Quoting JessieAtHome:

Lucky you!! How wonderful that this was something you were looking for anyway. CM rocks with all the wonderful things they do for us. I just adore the jewelry!!!

Yes they do! :)

Angelgirl25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

lucky you annie! those are GORGEOUS pieces of jewellery.

the only stuff i get chosen for is toothpaste and stuff. the one time i got something that i would have LOVED to get was the shutterfly photo book. i spent 2 days working on the darn thing, then when i went to place the order i found out that i couldn't get it because the free shipping code was only for the US and since I am in Canada they wouldn't honour it, it didn't say anything about "US Only" in the email i got from CM about it but Shutterfly refused to allow all the many non-US people who had been chosen for the books to be able to order them, needless to say they got a lot of negative feedback because of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)