Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I THE ONLY NURD

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

WHO WRITES DOWN WHAT EACH CUSTOMER WANTS AND TIPS TO MAKE THEM HAPPY

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I did for BS, but no other area.

CafeMom Tickers

^^^ Click to join in all the fun^^^

tngrandma
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:37 AM

I have two notebooks, one I keep for Mount Mocha, and one for all the others.  I filled up the first, so had to get out a new one for Mount Mocha.

I am semi-retired, and my memory is terrible any more.  So, I write everything down, whether white, red or green, how much it makes, what it needs, who gives it, who gets it, whatever.  You name it, it is written down.  That way, I remember from one minute to the next what I have made for someone and what I got for them, etc.

No, you are not a nurd.  I couldn't keep track of everything if I didn't write it down.

Good luck.

bouncing

steamtrain1003
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Um.... I have a spreadsheet that has every customer, where they are located, what they pay for each drink, if it's red, white or green, if the quality blend helps them, what they give, if they have an award, how many drinks I have made to that award.

iIt also has every drink, how many brewing skills it takes, if its gray, green, yellow, orange or red, if there is an award for it, how many drinks i am to the award.

How many brewing, marketing and hostesing skills I have in general and how many I have in each area due to my equipment.

and finally all the equipment from each town, how much it costs, how much exrta brewing, marketing, or hostesting skills you get for it, and if I have it.

I think this qualifies me as a super geek!  LOL.

tngrandma
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I bow to your spreadsheet.  LOL

bow down

tretresmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I write down the ones I have trouble with and what I have served them so I don't reserve it  LOL 

lilholmes6
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I've got a spiral notebook that looks like its been through a war.  Ever land has it's area with all the drinks, all the people,  the equipment, recipes, everything.  I'm hopeless!  At least I admit it, LOL!

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I have all the customers split in areas written down and what they like in green. I have a sheet of paper with my experiments that were white drinks, I also write down if they give you an item or a recipe. Then I also have all the awards written down and once a day I update how close I am to getting that award :) Yay for being organized! 

SARAH - PROUD ARMY WIFE TO NICHOLAS (12/23/2006), LOVING MOMMY TO MATTHEW (03/11/2007) AND CAMBRIA (02/11/2008)

armycome hometoddler boytoddler girl

Mommies need photo contests for themselves too! CLICK HERE to join PCFM!

cwrcar
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Me too! 

I have copy & pasted any info I have gathered about each person, land, ect. into Word docs.  I think I have like 8 diff ones- one for each land (equipment/recipes & supplies avail. & cost, people/drinks/extras, awards I am working on (update each time I play), recipes avail & skill they are, plus what ingredients they are so I have idea of how much each costs to serve. I just open the ones in the areas I need while I play to refer to if needed.

Geek-dom here I come!! :)

NANCJO
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I am new to the game this is only my second day....and yes this morning....I pulled out a spiral notebook and have columns of each person under that

The bean I used and which recipe - whether it was green, red, or white

and under it I have what I received.

Glad to know I am not the only one....my hubby just laughed at me when he asked what I was doing.  LOLdrinking

Valerie69
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Heck No... With as many recipes and customers and mommy memories or old age memories alike, I think it takes at least some notes. I write notes of certain things as I go, until I figure out what it is that is needed to perfect it. Then the notes are set aside for later, but haven't needed to go back to old ones yet. I started out with pieces of paper in a small stack until I found a notebook in the office. That worked good too until I started to copy and paste into a word document. :-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)