Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

skill points advice plz.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

I just reached level 16.  From now on should I be more concerned with building marketing skills or keep on building brewing skills ?  I have 2 shops. The first in MH and the 2nd in PP.  I'm currently back in MH working on awards.

Thanx for any input.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Erica_Smerica
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM

For now I'd focus on brewing skills.

Later on- I think it depends on how you're playing.

For example- some people move ahead the moment they can. If their marketing skills aren't high enough they "miss" costumers. At the same time, they need to be able to make the drinks at the higher location.

On the other hand, some people wait around until they are a higher level, and have tons of money- in that case, it might be wise to put a little on marketing since your brewing skills should already be as high as they need to be. Or at least close to that point.

KWIM?

cwrcar
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I always up the brewing first & then the marketing for the next level.  The higher drinks u can make, the more xp u will earn, helping to earn even more skills.  There is a lot of equip. to buy to help w/ market & brew, so plan to save up for those too.  I bought all the equip., & still had too low brew skill to make many of the newer drinks when I moved up to JV, but the MS was covered for the most part. I might have still had a few no shows, but not many.  Each level gets harder too. 

i would also hold off on trying to get too many awards until u reach lvl 30, bc then the awards will give u energy refills.  Build $$ & XP/skills.

Nan_g
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Quoting Erica_Smerica:

For now I'd focus on brewing skills.

Later on- I think it depends on how you're playing.

For example- some people move ahead the moment they can. If their marketing skills aren't high enough they "miss" costumers. At the same time, they need to be able to make the drinks at the higher location.

On the other hand, some people wait around until they are a higher level, and have tons of money- in that case, it might be wise to put a little on marketing since your brewing skills should already be as high as they need to be. Or at least close to that point.

KWIM?

Thanks for your input :)

jas_momof2
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM

It's all in balance...  You need marketing to bring in people or you'll get a lot of "no shows" which takes your energy.   Then you need the brewing in order to give them what they want.

It's not a "concentrate on brewing only"  Or "concentrate on marketing only"...  It's finding a balance and actually working on both.  You're not going to be able to rely on the skills the equpiment gives you because in BS and MM - it's not going to be nearly enough.

Go to the map and each area it will tell you the recommended brewing and marketing skills needed for that area.  THAT right there - tells you what you need the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)