Java Mods are CafeMom members that help us monitor and improve these forums. They are not CafeMom employees, so do not represent our absolute opinion on things, however they often (99% of the time!) have the right answers. You can feel free to trust them and should follow their advice or directions.
Their responsibilities include:
- Answering questions from other players - many questions are asked repeatedly, Java Mods can use things that we've said before (and things they know from gameplay) to answer player questions
- Spreading information from us to other players
- Notifying us when there are questions or issues that are beyond their knowledge to answer
- Starting conversations to keep the group engaging
- Greeting new members and helping them out
- Moving posts to the appropriate areas when they are in the wrong place
- Locking or deleting posts that are spammy or completely inappropriate (this is to be used with a lot of discretion and infrequently)
Java Mods (JMs) all applied to the program, and were hand-selected by us. We used the following criteria:
- Wrote a great application
- Well-versed in how the game works - although we selected JMs to have differing levels of experience so they are not all on top of the leaderboards
- An active, positive, and intelligent participant in the group
- An active and engaged member of CafeMom in general
- Some amount of arbitrariness - we had many great applicants but could only pick a handful!
We're currently not looking for any more Java Mods.
As of January 19, 2010, the current Java Mods are:
When speaking as a Java Mod, they will always have a Java Mod signature (which changes frequently) in their post/reply. They may post as "regular players" sometimes too and will not use that signature in those cases. The Java Mods have been a tremendous help to us, and have certainly made this group, as well as the game itself, much better. We thank them all for their awesome contributions!
- The CafeMom Team
This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.