• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

marketing skills?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

now that i am in PP i am getting a lot of those red "you tried to serve a customer but no one came" announcements telling me to try to increase my marketing skill.

is there something i can do about that or do i just have to wait it out?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Have you looked into buying equipment? You may want to do that! =)

adulation
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM

yeah... lol.  i've spent a lot of money on  equipment. that's why i'm getting frustrated.  lol.

Quoting firenicecream:

Have you looked into buying equipment? You may want to do that! =)

firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Are you at the recommended skill levels? Even then you'll get some. I just want to check everything!

adulation
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

yeah.
well i was just wondering.  when i get "skill points" or whatever it only lets me apply them to my brewing skill so i was wondering what i have to do to add to my other skills.  i'll just keep playing and see.thanks.

Quoting firenicecream:

Are you at the recommended skill levels? Even then you'll get some. I just want to check everything!

firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM

You have to be at level 16 I believe, before you can start putting them to marketing. There's a post from the CafeMom Team. I'll go find it and be right back with the info!

Quoting adulation:

yeah.
well i was just wondering.  when i get "skill points" or whatever it only lets me apply them to my brewing skill so i was wondering what i have to do to add to my other skills.  i'll just keep playing and see.thanks.

Quoting firenicecream:

adulation
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:29 PM

ooh ok. im at 15.

see i knew i was just being impatient!! lol

firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Ok... if you haven't checked out the posts in the Game Help and Rules forum I recommend that you do!

The post that has your specific answer is titled Energy, Experience, Skill? What the heck do all of these words mean?!

The answer to your skill question is:
Skill Points - Skill points control your ability to do certain things in the game.  At first, you only start with the Brewing skill, which controls what kind of coffee you can make and how good you are at it.  Later, you'll learn the Marketing and Hostessing skills!  After level 4, each time you advance a level, you get a free skill point to increase a skill.  You can only increase your brewing skill until level 16 when you can start increasing your Marketing skill.  At level 25, you can start increasing your Hostessing Skill.

In other words your skills go to brewing up to level 16. At that point YOU chose if you want them to go to brewing or marketing. Once you reach level 25 you can also add them to hostessing. =)

firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

LOL! I think we all are at some point (or lots of points).

laughing

Quoting adulation:

ooh ok. im at 15.

see i knew i was just being impatient!! lol

adulation
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

thanks for the help!!

i don't know why i care so much about this silly game anyway! hahaha

firenicecream
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Because you LOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

And you're welcome!

Quoting adulation:

thanks for the help!!

i don't know why i care so much about this silly game anyway! hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)