Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Latte Land Newcomers' Guide**

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Welcome to Latte Land!!

I have compiled, what I hope will be, a handy look at some of the more common parts of the game. Many questions are asked about these parts by newcomers, so hopefully after this there will be less questions and less confusion :)

**Updated: May 9, 2010**

To get to the game, at the top of your CM screen is a row of tabs. Scroll over games and it should show you Latte Land and your current energy in parentheses. If not, click the Games tab and on the left you will see different groupings of Games. Click Strategy and find Latte Land :)

Energy maxes at 24 when you begin the game (Later on in the game you can max at 36). You will never have negative energy. It takes one minute to fill up one point of energy. Each customer uses 3 points to serve. There are different ways to gain energy throughout the game (special blends of coffee beans, random messages you'll see in your LL journal and Energy Packs). You are also allowed to purchase a cup of coffee once an hour from another player and that will give you 24 energy.

Then go to the "Buy Supplies" tab and buy some beans. You may even want to buy a couple recipes for more of a chance to serve your customers their favorite drinks.

Next click on the first tab "My Shop" and you will see this little barista here below, you will click her to serve a customer!

After clicking on the Barista, you will see this screen. #1 is showing your LL menu tabs. My shop will return you to the screen where you will see the barista pop up when you have energy to serve a customer. Inventory will show you all of your ingredients, recipes, equipment and special player items. Buy Supplies is basically the store. Customers will show you all the customers in the level and how much they will show up in your shop (common, uncommon, rare, etc). The Customers will be in color and detail when you have served them, up until then they will be grey. Map shows you the different towns, there are 7 as of Sept 6, 2009. This is what you will utilize to travel back and forth. Profile will show you what others see when they view your shop, this will show you your start date, your best brew, how many drinks you have served and more. Also if you hold your mouse over it, "Awards" will pop up and you can click it. Awards give you a little encentive in the game. Players will show you, obviously, Latte Land players. :) Forum/Help is a link to the Latte Land group and Chat is a link to the group's chat :)

#2 is the customer you are serving...what they say is a hint as to what to serve them. #3 is your recipe book that you will choose a recipe from to serve the customer, you select a bullet and hit Brew, which is at the top and bottom of your recipe book. #4 shows up to the last 5 serves for that customer. You can also use the customer tab and click on specific customers to see what how many times you have served a certain recipe and how many java bucks and experience points you earned from it.

#5 "Abandon this customer" - this is useful for when serving a customer might do more harm than good. Clicking it will only abandon that customer in that instance, they will continue showing up at your shop, there are no repercussions for using it other than you are charged 3 energy for "serving a customer."

#6 is your second inventory. Sometimes you will get a pop-up that says "You haven't selected what beans you want to use. Please do so in the "Your Inventory" box on the left." You only will be able to select your regular beans. All other ingredients will be used automatically when you select a recipe that calls for it (like cinnamon or milk). The same goes for equipment, it is used automatically as long as you have purchased it or a customer gave it to you. Select your beans, then your recipe!

#7 shows pages of the recipe book. These numbers catalog your recipes by brewing skill. Don't fret that the example shows some that are extremely high levels. I had to use these certain drinks as an example from my own profile.

#8 Shows what your recipes will entail. The name, brewing skill, required items to brew it. As you notice here, there are lots of different colors.

First let's start with the colors of the recipe names.

Grey/White (not shown here) - You will not fail the drink ever. If it is a red entry, it simply means the customer did not like it, Green - You have a small chance of failing - let's say 25%, however, the game is like tossing a coin, just b/c it's 25% chance you'll get heads doesn't mean you won't get heads 3 times out of 3 tosses, ya know what I mean?, Yellow (also not shown here) - You have more of a chance of failing - we'll say 50%, again same concept, it is all chance, Orange - You have the most chance of failing, Red - these drinks you cannot make without the use of Stardust. Click here to find out how to use Stardust.

I might have yellow & orange flip-flopped :S But the concept is the same!

The red items in the recipe's required items, means that I do not have that part of the recipe to make it. You can click the "Buy Supplies" tab to purchase what you need if you are able to actually purchase the ingredient/equipment.

#9 - Once an hour, when you are able to buy a cup of coffee from someone, in the box where the barista shows up for you to serve a customer that says "While you are waiting" and you have 2 links to click on, one of which will show you new players or anyone playing at the moment. When you click on a players avatar from the players list and are brought to their profile, scroll down until you see the part I have numbered #9 here. When you click it, you can also leave a message to the player then click "Buy Coffee." If you don't want to leave a message, leave the box blank and click "Buy Coffee."

#10 can be utilized after level 10. You can gift as much as you want. In the Chit-Chat forum (here), you can trade for these items too.

#11 are your skill levels :) You will have a base number for each, the big bold number, and then a +# that you get from buying pieces of equipment that add to certain skills. The equipment will not travel with you so the +# will not travel with you. Brewing pertains to making recipes of different difficulties, marketing pertains to getting customers in your shop (sometimes if it is too low for the area, you will get no-shows that will cost you 3 energy), and hostessing that will make your customers more likely to leave tips. At Level 16 you can add to Marketing Skills, and Level 25 to your hostessing.

Map info #12 & #13 - When you click on the map, hover around the town's names until an image pops up, click on it and it will bring you a popup like this. To travel, you will need to have money to do so. You also need money to open up a new shop. After you open a shop in an area, you will never have to purchase a store again. However, it will always tell you that you only have so much money (#12), like you don't have enough to open a store. If you have one there already, ignore that part. Traveling is encouraged. #13 shows the recommended MINIMUM skill levels. If you are under it will show the level you are at, like in my marketing skill. If you move before you are at the minimum, the new town will be way more of a hassle. You will have much more trouble than if you wait. Even at the minimum, you might find the new place too frustrating. At that point, you can always travel back until another level up and then travel back to the newer town to see if it has helped. You have to have a special item to travel to Brewer's Square, Mount Mocha and Macchiato Time Warp; you will earn these along the way and they are your "key."

Here are some links to important posts that will help you a lot!

Journal Entries - this will explain why brewing different recipes produces green, white or red entries in your journal log that will show up after you serve a customer and other things of that nature :)

Code of Conduct - not necessarily helpful, but a must-read

Common Acronyms - some abbreviations can be SO confusing for a newbie, here is a post to keep you up-to-date on Latte Land lingo

Awards Walk-through - this will show you where and sometimes HOW you can earn different awards, and also may show you some you aren't able to see yet.

Macchiato Heights Walk-through - if you are having problems with making the right drinks and you just want an answer, this is the post you want!

In addition to these posts, the Game Help/Rules forum is a great place to start. As you check out the group, you will see a forum for each area. Each area will have a walk-through that will show you customers favorite drinks, what kinds of recipes, ingredients and equipment you can purchase in that area, and just general information on how to go about the level.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the forum. You will also notice a couple people floating around called "Java Mods." They are designated helpers of Latte Land and try to be available to answer questions promptly and appropriately!

This post will stay unlocked for newcomers to comment if there are questions. If more experienced players see mistakes, please pm me instead of commenting. I will be "cleaning" the replies to keep the post less clogged! Now get to brewing! :D

by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tangleballlover
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Chai Tea Latte is the first one you'll get that does, I believe

Quoting canterburymom:

can anyone tell me what drink uses  cinnamon??......

tangleballlover
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM

You can purchase it in Percolate Park for 750JB.

Quoting Mel381:

where do you get chai tea

tanya777
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM

You'll need to buy a slide or some type of equipment that will allow her kids to play on/with.

Quoting KLeo417:

I served the mom a drink and a comment showed up saying "If you don't see the new mom enough, she may need somewhere for her kids to play." What do I do about this? 

Kate

blinkie.gif picture by CMBannersIlovemyson.gif picture by jbmm7ilovemydaughter.gif picture by jbmm7
Join the groups I own:
Christian Mothers and Wives
-Bible Studies/Devotionals, etc.
Fluttering Flybabies- Fun motivating cleaning group... Group cleaning chats every day/all day!

American Idol Fans-Chats on show nights!
7th Heaven-All about the cast/episodes

tangleballlover
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM

When you select a recipe to brew and it includes a special ingredient, it will be used automatically when you click the brew button. You won't need to go into your inventory for that :)

Quoting solitaire3121:

Quoting tangleballlover:

The student gives out cinnamon rolls in MH and I believe PP as well, there is also a cinnamon roll recipe for sale in all locations (of course once you buy it, you won't have to again). I think it requires a brewing skill of 8 :)

Quoting solitaire3121:

A customer gave me a cinnamon role but I don't know how to use it. I want to give it to the judge but I don't know how. Thank you for any information...:)

Thank you for the information but I guess I still don't understand. Do I have to go to my inventory and click on it? I have tried that but nothing happens. It just sits in my inventory. Is there a special page I have to go to? Uggg

Heather2001
by Java Mod on Dec. 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM

This means your marketing skill is too low.  You can increase it by purchasing items that add points to marketing or you can begin allocating skill points to marketing while leveling up when you hit level 16.

Quoting raeannlmoran:

I keep getting this message & I can't find anything about how to fix it.

"I tried to serve a customer and no one showed up! You need to increase your marketing skills so you'll always get  a customer."

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

tangleballlover
by on Mar. 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM

When you reach level 30, you will earn an energy pack for each award you earn. Before then, you can be gifted energy packs by other players, or you can go to the chit-chat/sell/trade forum and set up a post or find a post that has energy packs and make a deal. A lot of times there are games or contests going on where you can win Java Bucks or Energy Packs which may be easier for a lower level player b/c the running price for energy packs is pretty high.

Quoting momx3gx1b:

How do you obtain more energy packs?

Mod for Military Moms, Babies and Latte Land ~ ~ ~ Living in the Dollhouse

JerbysMom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM

How do I use stardust?

firenicecream
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Here is a post that explains it. =)

Quoting JerbysMom:

How do I use stardust?

I_said_so
by on May. 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM
How do I correct shop name?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN