Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOo I baked my first cake in years!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well im not good at baking so i stay away from it, When my sister moved a few months ago she sent me 2 boxes of food from her pantry (dont ask me why she was able to pack it up and bring it me but not to her new house, i didnt ask, i just thanked her, lol) so i have a ton of jello, pasta, rice, and 3 boxes of cakes, cookies to bake, and chocolate chips.

Well my dds are finishing up their last day of the first full week of school. my 5yo has had it rough this week and i wanted to treat her but i have no extra cash so while waiting on energy I decided to bake a cake. it smells sooo good. i know she will be surprised when she gets home.

now im just waiting for it to cool so i can put the icing on it.

im proud of myself. :) (can't you tell im just waisting time) lol!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shortfuse007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Woohoo! Nothing like a home baked cake by Mommy after a rough first week of school. Way to go Mom!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

baby development

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009 BABIES GROUP OWNER
firenicecream

Oh that is awesome!!! What a blessing from you sister and a nice surprise from you to your daughter. How cool!

TwylaBleu

Mmmmmm, there is nothing like the smell of fresh baked cake.  I love baking and the first year we were married I made a cake every week.  And not the box kind, from scratch.  That was the first year.  Now that we have our son I am lucky if I ever bake anything.  I bet the kids will love it.

RosieCheeks64
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Who knows, you might be starting a nice little family tradition. A cake on the first Friday of the first week of school. I bet your little ones will squeal w/ excitement and their smiles will be priceless. Enjoy these moments momma!

Now what time are serving the cake, so I'll know when to be there lol. 

TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

haha rosie!  Gosh im bored today! 

NicolesMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:40 PM

The house will smell so nice! I love baking for the smell, not to eat it, lol

Enjoy!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)