Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Auction Template

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay, seeing as players have a lot of different ways of auctioning items and at times info gets left out or is not as clear as the bidders would like, I've created a template that you can feel free to copy and use when setting up an auction.  This is not mandatory, but just a way to make things a little easier for everyone.  =^)

*This auction is for ___ SD/EP/JB (fill in number and choose item)

*I am looking for payment in SD/EP/JB or a combo of ____ for each item/for all items (choose item and/or fill in blank with desired combo and choose if you are auctioning each item separately or all together)

*Bidding will start at ___ SD/EP/JB (fill in number and choose item)

*Auction will end with the highest bid in the first/last post with a CM
 timestamp of X:XX (choose first or last and fill in time and time zone)

*I expect that you have payment on hand (and not currently being earned) when you place your bid and I will do the same

*I expect payment within _____ minutes/hours of auction end.  If payment is not made by this time, your bid is forfeit and I will either re-auction or sell to the next highest bidder (fill in the blank and choose minutes or hours)

*Thank you for participating and have a great day!

If you see missing information (which is entirely possible) or notice a way in which this template can be improved, feel free to leave a suggestion!  =^)

And if I can make a suggestion or two:

1. Keep the length of the auction relatively short.  Otherwise, your post will most likely get lost in the mix.  People will only bid so high for an item and it'll usually be within the last couple minutes anyway.
  2. Be as specific as possible (this template helps, but be sure to cover your bases so no one's feelings get hurt and confusion is avoided).

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueflamz
by Java Mod on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I like this idea! 

__bcnp
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Thank you so much for this!

I had asked for the hosts of auctions to clarify what bid would win and some of them did and it was SO much easier !

Shortfuse007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Also, I think it's only fair to say...if you bid on something you should have the JB/SD/EP already and not just throw out a bid for the sake of it. No need to up the ante for everyone else if you're not really in it to win it.

Also, if you're not going to be around when the auction ends, then why bid? Someone else may be waiting for whatever item is being auctioned and will be there, payment ready and waiting.

Ok, my little rant is over. LOL Happy Playing!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

baby development

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009 BABIES GROUP OWNER
shanlaree
by Java Mod on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Yes, I agree with you 100%!

Quoting Shortfuse007:

Also, I think it's only fair to say...if you bid on something you should have the JB/SD/EP already and not just throw out a bid for the sake of it. No need to up the ante for everyone else if you're not really in it to win it.

Also, if you're not going to be around when the auction ends, then why bid? Someone else may be waiting for whatever item is being auctioned and will be there, payment ready and waiting.

Ok, my little rant is over. LOL Happy Playing!

JavaMod-c-4.gif picture by shanlaree3

RosieCheeks64
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I haven't been involved much in the auctions yet, but I agree w/ everyone & think this is a good template. I'll use it if I ever auction anything. It covers all the bases. 

firenicecream
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Quoting Shortfuse007:

She has that in there! *I expect that you have payment on hand (and not currently being earned) when you place your bid and I will do the same

My take on this suggestion: I think the winner should be posted and no one should expect anything until that has been posted. I don't think anyone else should be waiting or assuming they may get it. I don't think the person should have to be there when the auction is over for various reasons but mostly because anything can come up at any time. It is the internet after all! So maybe if anything the template can have a place that says payment is expected no later than XXXXX. =)

Heather2001
by Java Mod on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM

It includes that point:

*I expect payment within _____ minutes/hours of auction end.  If payment is not made by this time, your bid is forfeit and I will either re-auction or sell to the next highest bidder (fill in the blank and choose minutes or hours)

blowing kisses

Quoting firenicecream:

Quoting Shortfuse007:

She has that in there! *I expect that you have payment on hand (and not currently being earned) when you place your bid and I will do the same

My take on this suggestion: I think the winner should be posted and no one should expect anything until that has been posted. I don't think anyone else should be waiting or assuming they may get it. I don't think the person should have to be there when the auction is over for various reasons but mostly because anything can come up at any time. It is the internet after all! So maybe if anything the template can have a place that says payment is expected no later than XXXXX. =)

firenicecream
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM

LOL! =)

Quoting Heather2001:

It includes that point:

blowing kisses

cryssie83
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Thank you! That would be great!!

cupoftea
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I would like to suggest that the person running the auction should confirm in the auction post who the winner is before any exchanges to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN