Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, seeing as players have a lot of different ways of auctioning items and at times info gets left out or is not as clear as the bidders would like, I've created a template that you can feel free to copy and use when setting up an auction.  This is not mandatory, but just a way to make things a little easier for everyone.  =^)

*This auction is for ___ SD/EP/JB (fill in number and choose item)

*I am looking for payment in SD/EP/JB or a combo of ____ for each item/for all items (choose item and/or fill in blank with desired combo and choose if you are auctioning each item separately or all together)

*Bidding will start at ___ SD/EP/JB (fill in number and choose item)

*Auction will end with the highest bid in the first/last post with a CM
 timestamp of X:XX (choose first or last and fill in time and time zone)

*I expect that you have payment on hand (and not currently being earned) when you place your bid and I will do the same

*I expect payment within _____ minutes/hours of auction end.  If payment is not made by this time, your bid is forfeit and I will either re-auction or sell to the next highest bidder (fill in the blank and choose minutes or hours)

*Thank you for participating and have a great day!

If you see missing information (which is entirely possible) or notice a way in which this template can be improved, feel free to leave a suggestion!  =^)

And if I can make a suggestion or two:

1. Keep the length of the auction relatively short.  Otherwise, your post will most likely get lost in the mix.  People will only bid so high for an item and it'll usually be within the last couple minutes anyway.
  2. Be as specific as possible (this template helps, but be sure to cover your bases so no one's feelings get hurt and confusion is avoided).

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Replies (11-19):
Mysticblue74
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I make templates for auctions on eBay and other sites and not sure if it would work properly here but if they do I would be happy to make one or a few to use :)

Zylia
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I have a question in regards to a section of the template:

What is the CM exactly stand for in the above?

What does Cafe Mom/Latte Land run in which time zone?

Thank you in advance!

Heather2001
by Java Mod on Sep. 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM

CM refers to Cafemom and it means the time shown in the upper corner of the post.  That way, we are all working off the same "clock" and there isn't confusion if someone is looking at the clock on their wall and it is a couple minutes fast or slow.

CM technically runs in EST and this is the default timezone that we are all set to, however, you can change this in your privacy/settings.  For example, I have mine set to CST as that is my timezone.  This is why it is good to specify which timezone you are in so again, it helps keep everyone on the same page.

Quoting Zylia:

I have a question in regards to a section of the template:

What is the CM exactly stand for in the above?

What does Cafe Mom/Latte Land run in which time zone?

Thank you in advance!

xlove_notes_inc
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM

i love the temlplate =]
i use it in all my auctions and i never have any trouble!!!

Photobucket

Mommee42boyz
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Cool idea!

The Cross of Jesus Christ has turned my life around!

londamg
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM

thanks for the help

banneyrooster
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

*This auction is for Star Dust

*I am looking for payment in JB's

*Bidding will start now, 8:52 am

*Auction will end with the highest bid in the last post with the highest bidder

*I expect that you have payment on hand (and not currently being earned) when you place your bid and I will do the same

*I expect payment within 1 hour of auction end.  If payment is not made by this time, your bid is forfeit and I will either re-auction or sell to the next highest bidder 

*Thank you for participating and have a great day

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

babybutastink
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

but I dont know how to give it to them:)

Knit2Purl2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

They are sent as a gift. Once the gift has been sent, copy the information that shows in your journal e.g. "9:39am July 22nd I sent $20000 to Ilovelatteland". When she sends her portion of the trade, she'll do the same. If you look on some of the previous threads you'll see where folks posted about what they sent.

To send a gift, go to your profile and about halfway down on the right hand side it will show how many SD, JB, EP, and CR you have. Pick one and click on it. Boxes will open up to fill in quantities, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN