Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sweet things your kids say!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

What are some sweet things your kids have said to you or others? Feel free to post pics!

I just got ready for work, did my make up, my hair and put earrings in. My son is outside "helping" his daddy with the woodcrafts and powertools. I needed to ask dh something so I stuck my head out the door and he looks up at me and says "you look like a lady"  He sure is gonna sweep a young girl off her feet one day just like his daddy!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyGaga
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:58 PM

it reminds me  of the day my daughter was trying to say the saying                                                    april showers brings may flowers                                           but insted said                                    april showers may bring flowers

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM

bump

olivers_mommy7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM

thats so cute!!!

my son is 18 months and my husband is currently deployed, so i have tons of pictures of him up around the house....

about 2 weeks ago my son was eating dinner and pointed to the picture of him in his uniform and said"dada?" and i was like ya thats dada.... he said" ahhhs dada(translation = olivers dada?)" i said ya thats olivers dada.... then he said" ooooooooh olivers dada cute!!!!!!!" i just had to smile!!!he said it so perfectly and with a smile!!!! it made my day and my husbands too!!! =]

JuJuBug100207
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM

My oldest (who is now 8) used to always tell me "Mommy, you're the prettiest Mommy in the whole world". She was my little cheerleader. Of course, we are talking about the same child who when she got a couple of years older said "Mommy, I like your fat belly!". Out of the mouths of babes... When I was sandwiched in a wreck in my minivan, she said, "It's okay Mommy, when we get home Daddy can fix it with his hammer"

Kids truly do say the darnedest things!!

Chrystal_A
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM

My 3 yra old is tall ,over 3 ft and we know hes gonna be tall so we tell him when he gets big hes going to be tall like daddy (6 ft 1).So the other day I was pleaing with him please dont get big on me (ya know how that one goes lol) and he said Im getting bigger and your getting smaller lol sweet right?Well Im 5 ft 3 so Im sure he feels like im shrinking becasue hes catching up with me but i took smaller as in not as fat and it was nice lol. 

purestambition
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM

It was more of a snicker than a comment...My DH and I are smart asses to each other all the time and we also have a sarcastic sense of humor so one time my skirt caught in the dishwasher and I said  "I'm stuck!" and My DH said "I'm stuck in this relationship!" and my DD SNICKERED!!!!  She was only 5! I guess our sense of humor is rubbing off on her!

__bcnp
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I have two. The first one isn't sweet, but I thought it was funny.

My brother knew I was pregnant and me and him would get into it when I wouldn't give him something he wanted or made him do something like his homework before I let him play the video game or get on the computer(He's 9, but special needs) .. He had asked me something and I told him NO and he asked why and I told him "Well,because I said so" and he replied "Well, I'm gonna hit you in your belly and make your baby shake"  LMAO.

Well, when I was pregnant with my son, I was small ( I thought ) through ALOT of my pregnancy. I was SO mad because I wanted a big pregnant belly. Around 32 weeks or so, I woke up HUGE (LOL). By the end of my pregnancy, my brother would like to talk to my belly and he'd poked it one day and said , " Your belly is like Kung Fu Panda Belly" . I thought it was too cute !

ArmyWife_MomX2
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

So every night we play a game as a family before bed, and the other night we where taking turns playing songs on guitar hero, well our 6yr old says "GOSH GUITAR HERO IS HARD", and without even skipping a beat my husband says "well it's suppose to be hard it's called guitar HERO not guitar Normal guy!"

OMG i LMAO, and about peed my pants!!! now when she is playing and starts whinning i ask her "why is it hard again???" and she will pipe up "because its called guitar HERO mom not guitar normal guy....GOSH MOM!!"

what can i say we are very synical, smart ass, and sarcastic people!

lil_Army_Wife05
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:23 AM

My daughter has this little dinosaur that grows when you put it in water. Well she wont leave it in the water she keeps taking it out playing with it. So here daddy tells her last night that she needs to put it in the water so it can grow and get bigger.

.....................................So my husband comes in from the rain last night and goes to get into the shower. So he turns the shower on, she hears the water takes off running towards the bathroom. She says daddy take shower? I said yes he sure is. She says get in water so he can grow to get bigger!!! My husband and I just died laughing it was just soooo cute and funny....She is 2

Octobersmom
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM

She says things like "You're my favorite mommy EVER!", She tells me I'm smart and Beautiful (she gtes told those things about herself on a daily basis). She can be a little moster and says he doesn't love us anymore and taht she is running away but then she says the above and you melt LOL

This is my baby October Rose....she's 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)