Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinations - help!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

Has anyone else had trouble with their kids and vaccines? Every time, and I mean every time, we have gotten 19-month old Zachary vaccinated, he has gone from happy baby to fussy, can't make him happy baby; for a MINIMUM of two weeks. He wanders around and nothing makes him happy for long. He also eats and drinks HALF of what he normally eats and drinks. He asks me for three different things to eat and then won't eat any of it. He doesn't sleep well and wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. He used to wake up in the morning happy and talk and play in bed until I got him. Then I would put him on the potty and dress him and feed him. Now he wakes up crying and screaming and I have to walk around with him for a long time until he stops. He won't let me put him down or change him or even feed him in the morning. And he cries and screams when I sit down on the potty myself, while I'm holding him. He also gets a runny nose off and on, as well as low-grade fever.

Every other time he has been vaccinated he was nursing and he would nurse A LOT (weaned at 18mos, my milk dried up-I'm 6 mos pregnant). He would eat less but I knew he was getting some nourishment from nursing. Now even though he is weaned he has been asking to nurse since he got the shots. I have let him nurse a few times when he has been inconsolable, but he just gives up and is still upset b/c there is no milk. He has also given up drinking cow's milk since the shots. My husband got him to drink some twice by adding a little Ovaltine, but now he won't drink that either. I give him cheese to make up for it.

Like I said, he does this every time. That is why two different times I declared no more vaccines for him, but my husband gets all crazy about it and we end up taking him anyway. We are supposed to go back in 2 weeks for another flu shot but my husband said forget it. And he is supposed to go in for more shots a little over a month after our new baby comes, but I think I will have to draw the line at that.

What do you think because I don't think it should be like this. Since this happens every time he gets vaccinated I'd say there's a definite link. My child goes from extremely predictable happy behavior to constantly unhappy. The only way to keep him from fussing is to always distract him. I am getting worn out from trying.

Well your opinions would help. Thanks.

Karen

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
calilove33
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2009 at 12:53 AM

well i have my daughter get them spaced out i only get a max of 2 shots i will make the extra time to take her in 3 weeks to a month later to get the next round.  Ivy wasnt cranky for weeks but she wouldnt sleep hardly at all and have a small fever and be really cranky for 2 to 3 days. So the next set i split up and it made a world of difference.  Now if your dr.s any thing like mine they will at first try and talk you out of this well do what you think is best for your son not them.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

LuvMYLittleBoy
by Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

We don't vaccinate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)