Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting of our group.

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

Since this is memorial weekend and people have plans I thought maybe we can make June 1st our official start date. If you have any ideas of what you want to do post it. What time and day is good for everyone for playdates/picnics/get togethers/MNOs etc? I want to work around everyones schedules and naps. I hope we can create long lasting friendships between not just moms and children, but families. Thanks for giving me the chance to make our group better.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jambalover
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

MNO--no particular day is any better than the next, but I am kinda attached to putting amaya to bed haha so usually i dont like to leave till 7 30 or 8.  i realize this is late, so i can just come for drinks after dinner or whatever is planned.

Family things incorporating husbands-Sundays and Mondays (donte works every other day)

everything else--any weekday between 10 and 5:00 works best for us.

as far as ideas for our big group kickoff, I think a potluck at a park would be really fun.  the park at harveston is realllly great (not the one by the lake.. the actual sports park)  HUGE eating area, HUGE grass area, GREAT playground, very clean bathrooms.  and it's kinda central for all the south temecula ladies and northern ladies from menifee

mamaschneider
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Harveston Sports park sounds like a great idea. Lets do it there. I also had some ideas maybe once a week we could get together at someones house for music and craft time. Try to incorporate education in our playdates. What does everyone think?

jambalover
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Quoting mamaschneider:

Harveston Sports park sounds like a great idea. Lets do it there. I also had some ideas maybe once a week we could get together at someones house for music and craft time. Try to incorporate education in our playdates. What does everyone think?

that sounds GREAT!!!  a set schedule would be awesome.  like EVERY tuesday (or whatever) at such and such, this is happening.  i think that would be great.  then ppl could plan other things around it because they always know it's happening.

KellyMC
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Ian is an early afternoon napper and typically naps around 1-4 so morning events work best for us.  Any day is fine since I stay at home. 

We love going to parks, Child's Play, Children's Museum, etc.  I am up for just about anything.

I don't know where the Harveston Sports Park is but that sounds fun.  I've only been to the playground by the lake. 

I'm so excited to be part of this new group!  Thanks Brittany!

MrsLaher
by on May. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

We prefer playdates between 9am-11am on weekdays.  We like park play dates, family get togethers, and anything that is cheap or free!  I also enjoy MNO anytime after 6pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.  I can also due afternoon playdates after 3pm until 4:30/5pm. 

I think it would be great if we had set schedules for certain days/events.  We could also keep some days open for random events.

dragonfly

ryansmom7707
by on May. 27, 2009 at 2:39 AM

I love the idea of having a craft day of something somewhat educational. Maybe who ever hosts the play/craft day can come up with the craft. I am sure we can find some really cute cheap or inexpensive ideas for crafts. As far as days and times The only time restrictions I have are that Ryan naps between 1-4 and our nanny is on lunch between 1-2 but it can be moved if need be just not all the time. MNO would be better for me any day except Tuesday (for now) Ryan has swim lessons and Wednesdays as once a month the twins group I am part of has their monthly meeting. Family get togethers for us are best on Saturdays and Sundays. You know another good idea is maybe having a date night where we can all get our SO together, get babysitters and go out for dinner or a movie as a group. It would be nice for the guys to get together sometimes as most dads don't have other daddy friends except maybe who they work with. Just an idea.

Oh yeah another great park is the los Alamos Sports park, they have covered eating areas and covered play areas as well as the fields for the kids to run around in. Looking forward to some good stuff.

Navy wife and proud of it !!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mamaschneider
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

That was my though exactly, I hope that will work with everyone.

TyaMT
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I think a potluck at Harveston park would be fun for a kickoff.  It seems like everyone has little kids.  My son is 15 so playdates wouldnt work for me.  Does anyone have teenagers??  Because playdates woundnt include me, I could do luncheons and that sort of thing.  I was even thinking about starting a book club if anyone is interested. 

Chat soon!

Tya Maldonado
Work from home the smart way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)