• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was Your Baby Born?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Tell us about your special babies and the day they were Born.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sweetmissy_05
by on May. 26, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Well I figured I'd share my delivery stories since I have 4 children and all the births have been pretty different.

I am currently pregnant with baby #4 and due June 20th but June 8th is my c-section date.  My oldest son Caleb will be 6 on July 24th and he was born 4 days early...I had a vaginal delivery with him along with the epidural but he was 8 lbs 7 oz and had a 15 1/2 inch head (yeah he had a HUGE head lol) and my doctor used a forceps to help him out which caused me to tear all the way.  Then because of the tearing and the forceps it caused me to bleed and my uterus wasn't contracting afterwards the way it is supposed to and they couldn't stop the bleeding so they had to do a D&C on me.  That was very scary since this was my 1st baby and it wasn't the way I had thought it would go.  Thankfully everything turned out fine and he was healthy as can be and after I woke up from the D&C I was able to hold him.  I lost some blood but fortunately I didn't need a blood transfusion and iron pills were able to help.  It took me a while to recover because of the tearing but I did fine.  Oh yeah and from start to finish, my labor lasted 26 hours....so yeah, it was a long time!

My second son Logan was born 10 days early, on July 24th and he will be 4 years old this year.  I was so miserable and had gained a lot of weight so my doctor induced me.  I was so happy with myself because I didn't demand the epidural right away, I dealt with the pains from the contractions.  I was in labor for about 4 hours and demanded the epidural which helped me and I could still feel the contractions but not the pain.  Then right after the epidural started kicking in I felt a lot of pressure and felt like I had to push and sure enough, I was dilated to a 10.  Logan pretty much came out all by himself, I think I only had to push once or twice.  He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  Labor only lasted about 5 1/2 hours so definately a lot different from when I had Caleb.  I was walking around and feeling pretty good right after the epidural wore off.

Then my daughter Sydney was born....she is 13 months old and her birthday is April 19th.  She was breech so I had to have a c-section wtih her because I live in a smaller town with a smaller hospital and they didn't want to risk trying to turn her and neither did I, so I said well let's just do a c-section, safer for both of us.  I was pretty scared to have a c-section but I knew everythign would be fine and I trusted the doctors.    I went into labor on my own 3 weeks early (2 weeks before the scheduled c-section date) and my doctor said well we're going to have a baby this morning!  So she was born via c-section at 6:39 am and was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long.  I healed pretty well and fast and surprisingly didn't think it was all that bad.  Of course the pain is there but nothing I couldn't deal with and before I knew it I was back on my feet in no time.

Then about 4 1/2 months went by, and I was on the nuvaring, since we had planned on having more children, but wanted to wait until Sydney was about 3 or 4 years old.  I went in to talk to my doctor about going on the IUD because I didn't like the nuvaring as much and I wanted a birth control that I didn't have to worry about for a couple years....so I went in for the IUD and of course they do a pregnant test and so we did it and amazingly it was positive.  So I was like um we aren't plannign another baby and I was on the nuvaring...I knew my periods were kinda whacky and all that but I didn't think it wouldn't work to where I could get pregnant.  So I went home and told my SO that we were pregnant and having another baby!  So yeah it was pretty interesting since Sydney was only about 4 1/2-5 months old!

So now baby #4, Savannah, is on her way and will be here June 8th.  This pregnancy has gone pretty smoothly for me, considering this is my 4th baby, and Sydney is a pretty easygoing and happy baby that it has made it a little easier for me to manage having a 13 month old and another baby on the way.  So I am hoping that the c-section goes smoothly and Savannah is born healthy...and it will be a nice addition to our family and hopefully Sydney won't be jealous and I can manage having 2 little ones.  I am sure everything will go okay and I have plenty of family and friends around to help out.

Sorry so long but this is all my baby stories.....just thought you all would like to know a little more about me...and my children.  Anything else, please, just ask.

dazybug2
by Group Admin on May. 26, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

Well I figured I'd share my delivery stories since I have 4 children and all the births have been pretty different.

WOW Hun!!! Such interesting stories!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I can't believe you got pregnant on the nuvaring!!! That's insane...I got pregnant on the pill which was still a surprise as well with number 1 :)

Nicki, Proud Marine Wife to Jeremy, Proud Mommy to Christian, who is now a BIG BROTHER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)