Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She went banana's.....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:17 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 401 Total Views

at the sight of my boobs last night, lol! She's a great nurser all day long...but as I've said, around 8pm is bottle and bed time at our house. She is always SO ready for that bottle and nothing else will do. Well, hubby was holding her so I could change into my pj's before making the bottle. I took off my shirt and she started waving her arms all around. I took of my bra and she went crazy, lunging for me and making those 'excited baby' noises. So, I sat down with her and she nursed!! It was only for about 2 minutes and then she started refusing that side. I switched her to the other side and she nursed on that side for another 2 minutes. Then she was done and wanted a bottle! But, I'm still SO excited! She has always flat out refused boobies at bed time!! Maybe we will eventually get rid of this nighttime bottle after all!!

How are you guys doing today??

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
vixkat
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM
aww thats so great, i love it when they get all frenzied for the booby :) makes me smile lots...maybe you should get a feeding tube 5 french is all you need and you can use your bottle and cut a hole in the teat to put it in, this way she is stimulating your body to make milk at this time and gettting her milk..........otherwise you need to pump once she goes to bed to get your supply up.....are you pumping at all?? i have bought a book by diana west called making more milk and i am following that protocol of bare bf both sides and trying that again until he gets fussy and no longer drinking, then supplementing with sns, then pumping for 10-15mins after to increase my supply i am going to do this 3 days on then have a break for a day, then as dh away this weekend have a lot of power pumping sessions :) james is having a good day today, feeding well he has had 4oz supplement already 1 oz at each feed also breakfast and some lunch too :) he has slept well too... i have put him down on his front and he has slept twice as long :)

Mrussell0506
by Group Admin on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

She nursed again tonight! YAY! She kept getting little 'sips' while we were in the bathtub tonight, then she nursed off of both sides for a couple of minutes after we got out and dressed for bed. She did still have the bottle afterwards, but I know it's because by nightfall my supply is just not there for her yet. You are right, I do need to pump. I've just gone so long without it and it's such a hassle and I don't really like my pump. :-\  And I've heard of using the feeding tube as an alternative to buying the SNS.....where would I even look for one of these?

I'm glad to hear that you and James are still doing so well. You say he's eating solids now, also? Madi has been eating like there's no tomorrow. She has been nursing 6-8 times a day, ate oatmeal in the a.m., ate a whole banana at lunch time, and then had applecado this evening.

So, he likes his tummy, huh? Madi sleeps on her tummy, also. Actually, off my girls have been tummy sleepers. Slept so much better that way.

And I've been meaning to ask you, where do you live? For some reason I'm thinking maybe not in the U.S.? I'm from Florida, born and raised. :-)

vixkat
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM
Hi Meagan, i am in england near london....:) wow florida how lovely!!! its raining and cloudy here bet your weather is lovely!!

Glad she nursed again :) she must love having mummy milk :) kelly said she could get a tube from a medical store??? is there one near you?

james had 10oz supplement yesterday and woke ever hour still last night!!(i bf him no supp) i am sooo tired!! i am going to try and put him in his brothers room tonight as they are going to have to share, i think we wake him up too....he is teething also a its driving him crazy!!

i think it is gonna take me about another 6 weeks to get to the optimal milk supply i am gonna get......i hope to get 100% but if not then i will rethink what to do.....

Meagan are you on domperidone? i am takin 150mg! its nearly the max dose... and its still taking ages!! this today is 4weeks 1 day since i started my journey so i should be better by 10 weeks hopefully!!

how are you going today???
Mrussell0506
by Group Admin on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Ooo, teething is no fun! I hope he starts to feel better and cut some of those teeth soon! And I'm sorry he's not sleeping. Are you letting him sleep on his tummy at night? I know you previously said you tried it and he slept better, but I didn't know if that was just for napping.

And yes, I am taking Domperidone. I originally took 80mg/day for about 4 weeks. I  slowly tapered it off a little at a time. Then when I noticed her having trouble making diapers I started again, this time 120mg/day. I'm back down to 60mg/day now, and so far no noticeable dips in supply, so that's good for me. Have you been taking the Domperidone for the full 4 weeks you've been at this? I can't remember how long is said on the information that it could take to reach full results. Are you taking anything else along with it? I took it along with Fenugreek in the beginning.

You are doing a great job!! Keep it up!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)