Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My journey

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

I've been doing WATP's for years....I started roughly 6 years ago when I had a miscarriage and discovered it was because I was an undiagnosed type 2 diabetic.  After that I took a few of leslie's videos out of the library, I could only do the one mile.  I was about 225 pounds that April.  Over the Spring and Summer I worked up to the 4 mile video she had.  I LOVED it.  By September and my next blood work I lost 50 pounds and got my diabetes well under control.  I was given the okay to start trying to get pregnant again.

A few days later I found out I was already pregnant.  I continued to do WATP's during my pregnancy and Leisa Hart's Fit Mama workout.  I weighed less at 9 months than when I became pregnant and had no complications from the diabetes for myself or my son. 

I'm pregnant again and have been doing WATP not as frequently since my son's birth 5 years ago, having a child didn't give me much time for myself.  But I had started being consistant for the last 5-6 months.  I'm 3 months pregnant and I found that over the weekend with family visiting I went 4 days without a workout, and each day I had a headache.  So, I know I need something each day for the energy and to keep the headaches away. 

I typically do 2 mile workouts videos right now, I get too worried about having my body temp up longer than 30 minutes.  But when I stepped on the scale for the first time this pregnancy I discovered that even though I'm starting to show I'm down 4 pounds.....i'll take it, If I can get through my pregnancy with a small gain i'll be happy....and this is okay for me because I'm still a plus sized gal, only now i'm at 190! 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)