Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome: Introduce Yourself

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM
  • 54 Replies
  • 1741 Total Views
I would like to welcome you to Moms who suffer from heart disease. My name is Carolyn and I suffer from Congestive Heart Failure and CAD and Artery Spasms. I would like to meet ladies who also suffer from heart disease and see how you deal with what is going on in your life on a day to day basis. I Look forward to getting to know you. I hope that you find this group to be what you have been searching for as far a place to meet other mothers with some of the same problems as you have and a place to vent and let off steam.So just let it all out!! I am hear to listen
Your Friend, Carolyn
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Group Owner on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:36 PM

Quoting Peedinkle:

Hi :)  My name is April.  I'm 30 years old.  I was born with a heart defect (congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries) and a large VSD.  Had my first surgery at 6 months old.  Did ok until I was 22...had a heart attack caused by birth control pills.  Had the VSD repair when I was 23 and a pacemaker implanted.  That's it in a nutshell!  :)
Hi April,
I would like to welcome you to this little group. I could not even imagine what you have been through. It must have been terriable growing up.It seems like people are having heart problems younger and younger these days. I know when I had my bypass surgery everyone kept telling me "you are too young" my reply was "i wish someone would tell my heart that" LOL. But anyway I hope that if you ever need someone to talk to that you will come to me. I am here for you.Hope to talk more soon!

" Life is what we make of it"

by New Member on Oct. 22, 2007 at 4:47 AM
Hi everyone!!!...Im AshLeigh...22..I have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl named Ava Rose...Ive been with my boyfriend Nick for 2 years now...I have Transient Neuro Cardiogenic Instability...My heart rate is way 2 high causing me 2 blackout so im on beta blockers for the rest of my life...Ive had this since i was 3 but they didnt get a correct diagnosis till i was 9...Its hard sometime because other people my ago dont worry about things like heart attacks or having 2 go the the Cardiologist...I cant do alot of things other people my age can do && its really hard for me 2 lose weight because im not supposed 2 run or elevate my heart rate 2 much...I just wish i was normal...

2Halloween.jpg Halloween image by Annietee33thhalloween.gif halloween image by p-townsftblgirlie326321.png black cat image by waterproofradio

halloween_e0.gif happy halloween image by grandma080

by New Member on Oct. 24, 2007 at 8:06 AM
Hi my name is Jennifer and I am 27 years old and I have a congenital heart defect . I was born with my heart backwards,dextracardia( my heart is on the wrong side of my chest), 13 holes consisting of ASD and VSD, my pulmonic valve was not closing properly and had to be replaced by a porcine valve. I have had 7 open heart operations total and my most recent was when I was 22 and I had to have a pacer installed and my pulmonary valve replaced again, surprisingly I am not on any medications and I have a healthy 3 year old boy with no heart probs. I am also a nurse, go figure. Also getting married on nov. 3 in 10 days yeah!
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Hello everyone!! My name is Doris!!  i am a proud mother of a beautiful daughter named Octavia and she is six years old.  A year after I had her I was diagnosed with CHF.  I was 22 at the time.  I was put on 7 medications for the rest of my life and my heart is regulated by that.  So far so good!!!
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2007 at 11:31 PM
Hey Ya'll I'm Tracy, I am 27.  I was normal as far as anyone knew, up until the pregnancy of my daughter, Lauren.  I went into preterm Labor and was given a drug called Tributaline(sp?) which caused my Heart to go crazy.  That stopped the contractions and they sent me home...a couple of weeks later my OB sent me to the cardiologist for shortness of breath.  Needless to say he wheeled me straight to Labor and delivery to induce me because my Ejection Fraction was into CHF range.  Now here I am 18 mos later on Coreg for Dialated Cardiomyopothy (they say very rare-caused by pregnancy)  my EJ is still low at 42% and because of this I cannot have anymore children (the Dr. said unless I  want a heart Transplant). Glad to see there are others with similar issues.
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Joanna.  I am 34 and I was just diagnosed with heart disease.  I am just figuring out what exactly this means for me and how it will effect my life.  I am so glad there is a group who understands.  I look forward to getting to know you all.
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2007 at 3:12 AM name is kristin and i am 25 and have had heart problems since the birth of my second child a year ago.  i have what is called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and it stinks!!!  it is very rare and i often times feel so alone, because nobody knows what i am going through.  i wish i could have my health back. i am very tired all the time and i used to love to exercise (among other things), but now with my very rapid heart rate that is tough to do. i hope to meet others who can give advise and also give a shoulder to cry on at times!!! :)
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM
My name is Jill and I am a 39 year old Navy wife and moher of 2 teens.  In May of this year, it was discovered I had a previously undiagnosed CHD.  I was born with a defect called coarctation of the aorta, which is where the aorta pinches off on itself, and a bicuspid aortic valve which had been regurgitating.  Scary as it has been, it is like the lights are finally turned on and so many things make sense.  Above the coarct, the increased blood pressure in the upper half of my body has led to a AAA of considerable size.

Fast forward 7 months and I am happy to say I am doing well.  I am recovering from 2 heart surgeries, a left thoracotomy to repair the coarct in August and open heart for aneurysm removal and valve replacement in September, and have been back to work very part time for about a month now.  Doc says I am "fixed" which is fantastic.  I already feel so much more energy than I have ever had.  I will be glad when the pain is fianlly gone.

I feel pretty good mentally, aside from a litle "pumphead", but honestly, I am so tired of being different.  I just want to go back to normal, whatever normal is.  I know, this IS my new normal.  I love that my family and friends are concerned for me in recovery but it is super hard letting them fuss over it all.

by New Member on Jan. 4, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Hi, I'm Tricia and I too was normal until the birth of my son.  I went into congestive heart failure five days after delivery and was diagnosed with pregnancy induced cardiomyopathy.  I am on Coreg and Enalapril and have been told no more pregnancy's.  The OB thought I had preeclampsia, I delivered at 35 weeks and a blood pressure of 190/110, my son weighed 3 lbs 6 oz and was 15 inches long.  The doctors and nurses kept telling me the swelling would go down, they wouldn't listen to me or my family when we kept saying it was worse not better, I'm just glad I was still at the hospital when I woke up not able to catch my breath and was taken down to the ER immediately.  I glad to have found this group as it will be nice to be able to chat with others who know what I have and am going through.
by Member on Jan. 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Is that something that will go away?  I've never heard of it until I started delving into things because of my own problems.  I almost went to the ER last night.  Just a lot of odd symptoms and not feeling well.  I took and anxiety pill and it settled me down eough that I could fall asleep.  I didn't feel much better this morning but I've got stuff to do - keeping my mind off things helps, when it's possible.  My kids don't know that anything is wrong with me and that, likewise, that something could be wrong with them.  I will keep everything from them until they're much, much older - hopefully when they're old enough to understand it a little better and deal with it.  However, I'm 40 and don't seem to be dealing with it very well.  I fear that this has changed me in a way that I can never get past.  I need to start praying harder for peace just to accept this and move on.  Sometimes I swear I think that I'm going to wake up and everything will be fine again.  Not the case.  I understand that there is no cure for what I have but I'm hoping that my children can be spared from it.  There is a 50/50 chance that I've passed it on so I'm hoping that they're in the positive 50. 

Glad you've joined the group.  Sometimes when you have a "friend" to worry about and sypathise with, it can make your problems sleep for a minute or two.  I wish you luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)