Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to group and cafe mom

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

hi i am 30 years old and i was diagnosed with pcos at age 20 i have been trying to concieve w/o medical help for 12 years. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 08 and through exercise and diet lost 60 lbs. I had given up on having children and i was ok with it then last oct i found out I was 9 wks prego i was very nervous and excited and people would comment on how i wasnt excited enough i guess i just new something would go wrong my life has never been easy

so on my 20 wk ultrasound i found out it was a boy my husband and i were so excited but then we found out i was 4cm dialated and a cerclage could not be done my son was born the next day he was beautiful and looked like his father he lived for an hour and a half and spent the whole time in our arms

as you all know my heart is broken and i long for my belly to come back

i want to try again as soon as possible and i am nervouse about the cerclage and bedrest does it qualify you for disability

i have so many questions and concerns i have been scouring the internet for 2 weeks so if you have any info on sites or groups that may be informative please pass it along

thankyou ladies and goodluck i hope that we can help eachother

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MrS.ChArLtOn
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM

First off Welcome to our group, but I am so sorry that you had to find us. My heart breaks for you and your husband with the loss of your son. I too am a mother of two beautiful daughters who I.C. took away from me. Today is my daughter Natalie's 3 rd angelversary we call it. I waited a year in between my girls, with Natalie it was very traumtic, and an emergency cerclage was done but I was 4 cm with my water sac out, an hour later my water broke. Emily was different we knew what was wrong, but I went thru 3 cerclages, and contracted an infection, she was born out of state in the NICU via c-section. With Emily I was on hospital bedrest, up side down in Trendelenburg position. I was there for 3 months, I did not receive any disability benefits, or any help with our hopsital bills other then our insurance. I guess cause the condition would not be known if it was not for the pregnancy and women can live without getting pregnant.

My advise is to give yourself time to heal. Your next preg. is going to be  very scary, and stress and anxiety level's will be high. I wish you the best of luck. Im now a mother to a handsome young man, Noah. But God has given him to us thru adoption..my body or my heart can't handle anymore loses. God bless and good luck, we are here for your support !!

CafeMom Tickers
bebemama10
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I am so sorry for your loss!!!  I cannot imagine losing a baby... my IC was caught before I dialaed & in time for a cerclage.  I understand the fear of thinking we may lose her but it would've killed me had that became reality.  Your family is in my prayers and I wish you all the best in the future when it comes to conceiving again.  I, too, have PCOS so I can relate to TTC for a long time- though mine was 2-3 years instead of 12!  Stay strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)