Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I like my big belly!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 893 Total Views

Well... in all honesty, there are some things I hate about it too. But mostly I'm happy with my bump (more like a mountain). I'm short, and my belly is HUGE... I'm not surprised, this is my 3rd baby and it was the same with the other 2. So here are the things I like about my belly:

*Everyone KNOWS I'm pregnant.

*The time where I just look "fat" instead of pregnant is almost non-existent.

*I no longer have too look at my swollen ankels, LOL

*People can't stand too close to me in crowded areas... my bump automatically give me at least a couple feet clearance from the person in front of me (some for the actual baby, and the rest because for some reason people are afraid to bump a pregnant woman's belly even a little)

What do you love about your bump?  

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rockstarmom2b
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

The only thing I hate is the back pain, which isn't a huge deal because I do yoga and my husband and my mother massage and stretch my back regularly so I hardly ever deal with it anymore. I make herbal teas and take a food based prenatal vitamin so I never have had to deal with morning sickness.

hmmm let me see, what do I love?

Having new life in my body, it's an amazing and empowering thing. Feeling this child inside me move is so amazing. I love answering questions about my pregnancy and birth. I'm a very social person so I encounter lots of people and for some reason LOTS of questions. I don't mind a bit. We are having a homebirth and I get so many questions and some "oh you are brave" comments. I feel so extremely comfortable in my body while I'm pregnant.

To me pregnancy and birth are something to be embraced and adored. I am so excited for this birth to happen but I know I will miss being pregnant and feeling the baby move inside me. I feel so empowered by my body's ability to incubate, nourish and sustain life, in the womb and then afterwards by nursing and nurturing.

I love being a mommy in every way. I wish every woman could feel this feeling. It's a wonderful thing. 

Aaa_thumb

aknsmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I am not the kind of person who enjoys being pregnant. I actually hate it. This time it hasn't been so bad. I love the end result (obvioustly otherwise I wouldn't keep doing it).

What I do like about being pregnant is feeling the movement and watching my older 2 get excited when they feel it too. When my 6 year old tells me that she will even change the poopy diapers and wants to help me. And when my 2 year old lifts my shirt, kisses my belly, says hi baby and says she wants to play with the baby. Those are the best moments in pregnancy for me. Knowing that even though my older ones will be 6 and a month shy of 3 when this one is born, they're all going to be close because Keturah was Angel's baby and this baby is both their baby.

Rebecca Momma to
Angelica (6) Keturah (2) and Baby due Feb 25, 2010

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
ChristyRGKA
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I like mine this time around because it actually looks like a preggo belly. With all of my girls I carried in my hips, thighs, back, you know the whole tire look. With this one (a boy) I am carrying in nothing but my belly. I've not gained much and it all seems to be in my belly. It is however getting out ther and I have a stick shift truck til I can finish getting enough money up to buy a van. He is so low that it makes it hard to shift gears some times.

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

well i think i still just look fat so not loving that right now.

StarMommy06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I love my belly!

It makes me feel pretty everyday! And I love to show it off.

Im pretty tall so I feel like I just started really showing.

I love when my husband feels her kicking, and he just lights up and looks shocked everytime.

I love hearing my DD talk about her little sister.

I feel so girly!

asparklenmyeye
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 7:12 AM

I love, love, love, the thought of my family growing. My surprise miracle baby will make my family soooo complete.

I love the thought of Maylynn having a baby sister to share in her life. I love my sisters!!!!!! I am in love with the idea of sisterhood for my children.

I love that God has created life . That he has chosen my husband and I to raise another child!. that he has trusted us, and blessed us in so many ways.

I love the thought of smelling my newborn babies breath.

I love the thought of being able to stay home and raise her. Savoring every precious moment for they are infants for only one year.

I love the fact that everyday I must put my faith in God as this has not been an easy pregnancy, yet somehow it has flowen by. Thank you Jesus...

I love to rub my belly, and think of the momement when we created life.

I love the thought of raising this family with my soul mate.

I love the way the other children are so in love already!

I love the way Kaden yells good bye Mallory as he is getting on the bus.

And the way Maylynn kisses my belly and says proudly I am going to be a big sister.

I love the gleam in my husbands eye, when he talks about having a baby around again :)

I love the thought of holding this baby in my arms and rocking her.

I am so lucky!

ASPARKLENMYEYE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)