Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Group members.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 464 Total Views

This is the only group that I have became a member of during this pregnancy and to be honest for the most part everything is great.  But I have noticed alot of post and responses that just are not right.  I know everyone is allowed their own opinion but not when it is going to make someone else feel bad and get angry because they are being told the way they are doing something is wrong. 

I have responed to two seperate post tonight and I was not nice.  I have held back and said nothing for months now but I can't stand being told that having a c-section is not natural and that those who have them are closed minded that want to take the easy way out.  There is nothing easy about having a baby, period.  It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as your baby is brought into this world healthy and safe, and you as a mother is healthy and safe, isn't that all that should matter.

I am a member of a June 2008 baby group and they are the best group of women and not one of them would ever try to push views or make someone feel less of a mother for not doing something a certain way.

LilypieLilypie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetjessa
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

you go girl ! I have responded to a post tonight too that made me upset weird we are all being hormonal but we all need to respect each other

aknsmomma
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Yeah I went to reply. I typed up a big ole long post, but then decided it wasn't worth it. This is my 3rd pregnancy forum, and well, it isn't the worst. There can be some pretty mean things that go on, on these boards. Mostly because there is some safety behind the computer screen.

Rebecca Momma to
Angelica (6) Keturah (2) and Baby due Feb 25, 2010

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Wethepeoplets1
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I totally agree. I don't even respond to those posts because it's not worth arguing with someone who thinks they know it all. I hate when people try to push their views on others regardless of if I agree with that particular view or not. I love how people try to push their beliefs/views on you and insist that you are not making an informed decision if you do not feel the same way. To be honest though it's not even worth getting upset over. I just skip over replies/posts like that because I do what is right for me and my family and that's it. Who cares what a stranger that knows nothing about you says or thinks. Especially when half the time they don't even read the posts properly to respond.

MelissaLDockter
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I agree 100%.  Like the PP said, I just don't respond to them or else I ignore the opinionated responses and just give my own (non-opinion based) response. 

Melissa

Wife to Adam (12/16/08), Mommy to Jayden (11/5/09) & Riley (Due 2/27/10)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
t0xxic
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Im like a pp, I type up a big ole response edit it 5 times and then Im like durr never mind. It is hurtful bc our bodies arent all the same. Some of us are just the type of women that if we were pregnant in the 1800's our babies an ourselves just would have died. It is hurtful and I wish some people could realize that. Ive never been involved in a birth month group. Ive only ever been in local mommie groups and we have a lot of natural mommies that do want to share there ideas with us but there never mean spirited. I realize we all have hormones though right now so maybe that plays a big part but I didnt expect it to be this way. 

Gimme, Gimme MORE! Gimme MORE, Gimme, Gimme MORE!   
Im Mrs. Oh my god that Chrissys Shameless!

sexyjen253
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM

You should be the last one posting this reply

Quoting sweetjessa:

you go girl ! I have responded to a post tonight too that made me upset weird we are all being hormonal but we all need to respect each other

mama2mycuties
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I have to agree with you, I have a July 2008 baby and our group was so close-knit and very supportive. This one I come to and post occasionally but I don't feel very comfortable in doing to because there is a lot of judgement. In fact I searched to see if there were other groups for our due dates to see if maybe I'd fit in better there..........no such luck. Hopefully things clear up!

mommyajay
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 12:30 AM

um... well didnt you know that it doesnt matter what you think it only matters what everyone else thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.  pretty much no matter what we do  someones going to have a biff about it and disagree. gee. its not like its our bodies and our kids or anything!!!!!  your supposed to do everything everyone tells you and let everyone influence you and every way and then make everyone happy except for yourself.. ugh. my sarcasm isnt working well tonight,

i tried anwyas

yeah. well  there are some great people on here and others  who arent as supportive.  embrace the wonderful people and ignore the rude ones

jaclynrscott
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Thank you for this post.  I think there are subjects that we are just going to have to agree to disagree on, but name calling, especially calling someone "ignorant" for their views is inappropriate and immature.  There are ways to articulate your opinions without being offensive or condescending...and if you can't think of a way to type it where it is not going to insult one of our group members, consider not typing it at all.

Lilypie

sweetjessa
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 3:41 AM

funny I never called anyone a name or insulted a single person and you are going to single me out after all the things you have wrote on here wake up and grow up I am too old for your games

Quoting sexyjen253:

You should be the last one posting this reply

Quoting sweetjessa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)