Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Baby Shower Game ideas!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 486 Total Views

Hey Ladies!!  My baby shower is in 2 weeks and I need game/activity ideas. I don't want to do the same ones I did with my son. Can anyone help me out??  Thanks!!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jaclynrscott
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM

My 2 favorites:

1) Guess the baby food - guests sample baby food in unmarked jars, guessing what flavor it is.

2) Dirty Diaper - melt different types of chocolate bars in diapers (looks like poo lol), guests guess what candy bar is in each.

t0xxic
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I really liked the left right game. Where you have someone make up a little story and include left and right in it as much as you can and everytime you hear left or right the little gift/ party favor is passed around. That way they can learn a little bit about the pregnancy and its just cute. And I liked the little diaper game. Where you had little mini diapers with a melted candy bar of some form in it and ppl had to guess what it was in each.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy due date
marinewife0311
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

1. get the little plastic babies and freeze them in ice cubes.  every person in attendance gets one with a baby in it.  whosoever dethaws first the whole baby is exposed is the winner. its a game without making it ridiculous.

2. clothing pins everyone gets one when they get there and if they say the baby word then they loose it to whoever caught them.  at the end of the party whoever has the most is the winner

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM

google it. I found lots of neat stuff for my friends baby shower that i threw that way.

Jennasmom08
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 6:57 AM

my favorite wasletting everyone cut ribbon to the size they thought the belly was, almost everyone was waaaay off on mine (all too short)

annaica
by Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Here's what I did on Saturday:

Baby Bingo: (Materials- Pens, Pre-Printed Bingo cards that use the numbers of how many people attend the baby shower) Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.  This was the most popular because I gave a "get ready for christmas" pack for the prize.

My Water Broke!
Get a pack of tiny plastic babies at a craft or party store. Freeze one into an ice cube for each guest. After the guests have arrived they all get a cup with the cube in it to keep an eye on during the party. You can either allow or prohibit "artificial induction methods" like holding the cup under a lamp, warming it with one's hands, or breathing on it.  The first person whose ice has melted so that her baby floats freely in the glass shouts "My water broke!" and wins the game.  This game was ok, but as soon as they were handed out, miraculously, someone's broke right away and the bear was loose so the game was immediately over:(

Forbidden "Baby"
This easy game provides a source of entertainment throughout the whole shower. As the guests arrive, give each one a diaper pin or sticker – ideally something she can attach to her clothing. Let everyone know the word "baby" is off-limits.  If you utter the word "baby" – whoops! – whoever catches you first gets to take your pin. Some people are so good at catching others' slipups (and refraining from saying the word themselves) that they get covered with pins over the course of the shower. When the festivities are over, whoever has the most pins wins!  All my guests began with 5 pins.  The winner ended up with 12... The guests did really good at this game. 

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM

that last one sounds really neat Im gonna tell my mom about that. she is throwing my shower and is trying to think of games. 

Quoting annaica:

Here's what I did on Saturday:

Baby Bingo: (Materials- Pens, Pre-Printed Bingo cards that use the numbers of how many people attend the baby shower) Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.  This was the most popular because I gave a "get ready for christmas" pack for the prize.

My Water Broke!
Get a pack of tiny plastic babies at a craft or party store. Freeze one into an ice cube for each guest. After the guests have arrived they all get a cup with the cube in it to keep an eye on during the party. You can either allow or prohibit "artificial induction methods" like holding the cup under a lamp, warming it with one's hands, or breathing on it.  The first person whose ice has melted so that her baby floats freely in the glass shouts "My water broke!" and wins the game.  This game was ok, but as soon as they were handed out, miraculously, someone's broke right away and the bear was loose so the game was immediately over:(

Forbidden "Baby"
This easy game provides a source of entertainment throughout the whole shower. As the guests arrive, give each one a diaper pin or sticker – ideally something she can attach to her clothing. Let everyone know the word "baby" is off-limits.  If you utter the word "baby" – whoops! – whoever catches you first gets to take your pin. Some people are so good at catching others' slipups (and refraining from saying the word themselves) that they get covered with pins over the course of the shower. When the festivities are over, whoever has the most pins wins!  All my guests began with 5 pins.  The winner ended up with 12... The guests did really good at this game. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)