Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pains at night. Anyone else?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Okay, so I'm a first time mom and this may or may not be normal.

For the past two nights I have woke up in excruciating agony.  I contributed Sunday nights from too much walking in the mall Christmas shopping, not enough water, and some bad food at a birthday party.  But last night it happened to me again, and I drank my usual amount of water and sat at work for most of the day and ate nothing unusual.  I had my doctors appointment and she didn't seem concerned.

I feels like sharp cramping pains in the lower part of stomach.  I haven't experienced any spotting or anything like that and I still feel the baby move... any advice?  I'm so  exhausted.  I have to work a 12 hour day today and I really am hoping to get some good sleep tonight.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LelandsMommy
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Sounds like it may be Braxton Hicks contractions to me... but DEFINITELY talk to your doctor about it and see what they have to say. 

mama2mycuties
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I have pains at night too....this is my 6th baby though and they've gotten worse each preg. Usually mine are worse if I don't shift frequently during the night so I make sure to switch sides and raise/lower leg position with a body pillow. The pain can be excruciating.....my doc explained it many preg. ago that some women just have worse spinal and hip problems during preg...I'm one of them that got that lucky draw........hope yours gets better :)

CrazieOllie21
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Thanks for the tip!  I tried elevating my feet a bit more to see if it would take the pressure off a bit.  Seemed to work for a bit but I couldn't keep all my pillows positioned throughout the night. I was up at 3 to go the bathroom and couldn't fall back asleep, then my son decided it would be a great time to elbow me =0) I didn't mind.  He's never really all that active so I played with him for a while!

shaunnielou
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I have been experiencing this also for the past week, its extremely uncomfortable and wakes me up. i then end up tossin and turnin for the next few hours. i dont know what to suggest! please let me know if you have any sucess!

lauren714
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM

ok so i have been goin trhough this for a few weeks now not everyday but every few days or so! my doctor said ifs itsa  sharp pain then its not contractions its the muscles in your lower stomach strecting ti make more room for your expanding belly and the weight belly and baby plays a factor as well its strecting out the muscles! thats what i was told hopes it helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)