• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GB STREP????

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

When do they usually test for that, and when they do what kind of test is it??? Is it a vaginal swab or blood work???

I have a 5 yr old and know I was tested for it with her but cant remember when or how I was tested.

I am currently 31 weeks and dont think I have been tested for it yet. If i have I wasnt told about it.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
t0xxic
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I think its around this time frame for us. I want to say 30 weeks. I think they swabbed ur butt for it. maybe butt and vagina but I know it was a swab 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy due date
Photobucket
MommytoBlake04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM

its between 35 and 37 wks and its the vaginal/rectal swab...you should always know what you're being tested for, if they don't tell you then ask you should know whats going on with you and your baby, but anyways most drs usually do it around 36 wks..

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

ok yeah if they swabbed my butt for ANYTHING while pregnant with my daughter I would definately remember that. They did not swab my butt with her. and they better not with this one. I will refuse thats gross.  I have an appointment  on the 21st  (32 weeks) but dont think Ill be going to it, I dunno I havent decided yet.

wiskowbean
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM

My butt was never swabbed for that test.  It was just a vaginal swab with my son, which I tested positive for.  I hope it's negative this time.  That penicilin felt like tourture going into my arm during delivery on top of everything else!  LOL

MommytoBlake04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:35 PM

they don't always swab the butt its just what i read...mine wasn't swabbed with the last one but if they had to do it i'll suck it up for my babies safety its better than risking anything..that strep b is dangerous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)