Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BH contractions

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 438 Total Views

I get BH contractions all the time, at least 10 times/day.

last night I had them at 8, 9, 10pm, then it woke me up at 2am and 4am with really painful contractions, and most the time the are Very painful and last at least 2 minutes at a time.

They end up going away and they are not consistant, so I know it's not labor, but I could swear I'm always going into labor!

I'm not due for 29 more days, but is this a sign it may come sooner? Anyone else getting this many contractions?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2kids09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM
I am!!! I get them SOO bad and they hurt. I've had them to where I cry. Like yours mine aren't consistant so I know its not real labor
MommytoBlake04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

same here

Quoting Mommyto2kids09:

I am!!! I get them SOO bad and they hurt. I've had them to where I cry. Like yours mine aren't consistant so I know its not real labor

Laniecakes
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I get them constantly, but I'm lucky in that they don't hurt me... They didn't hurt me when i was in labor for 16 he hard to breath thing is a huge pain in the butt though... I got sick earlier in the week wiht lots of vomiting TMI sorry... but they started to come regularly... lasting 2 minutes coming every 5 minutes for about 2 hours... dehydration brought it on for me but I was able to calm them down myself... I'm wondering if drinking tons of water ( close to the point of drowning yourself) could help make BH not come....

mommyajay
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I get them often. usually when i  bend over to pick stuff up or  when i roll out of bed  to  pee at night

they dont hurt too bad but i think im starting to get normal contractions. i only get a few a day but they hurt like HELL  i almost ripped my poor boyfriends arm off the other day  squeezing it!

Brielles
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I am having the same thing. But I am not due til feb 25. My doctor told me to stay off my feet and no sexual activity. All I can tell yoou is to be careful. I would talk to my doctor though. And if you are having 4 or more contractions in a hour go to the hospital. You are going into labor at this point. If 3 or less, my doctor told me to drink 3 big glasses of water and then lay on my side for a hour. The contractions should subside with this. She said if they didnt, to go to the hospital because I am in labor.

CafeMom Tickers
BeautyFromPain
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I just had a couple actually thats why I'm up right now because they woke me up lol

perfectxsinx
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:57 AM

i have been having braxton hicks since about week 28 noticably! Its uncomfortable to say the least, ecspecially when they want to come all close together for a little while. but i just deal with them, sometimes i do have to stop and just breathe. But its nothing too painful, i think you gotta rethink what a contraction (even a braxton hicks) is doing. its prepping your uterus for delivery/ labor! so its doing something!

But unfortunately, there is no telling when you will actually go into labor by measuring how many or how instense your braxton hicks contractions really are. It could be a week or 3-4 weeks, thats just something you dont know!

if they get too bothersome, drink some water, lay on your left side, take a warm shower, or simply change positions!

hope this helps

Birth lovin, kinda crunchy parenting, baby lovin' doula!

Come join our Birth Pool, the winner will recieve a $15 gift card to amazon.com!

gracie1234
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Thanks girls, I will try more water, I just feel like I'm going in labor almost every night, I start to get really nauseous and then on come the BH! I wonder if it because I'm laying down???

but then they let up during the day... As bad as I want her OUT! I want her to be as healthy as possible :) So I guess I will have to deal with this for another month! lol

mommyrae75
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM

This is my third pregnancy & I have been having BH more this time around-my OB said you usually get more with each pregnancy. They don;t hurt really, some just feel a bit uncomfortable. I get maybe 10  a day-and drinking alot of water does help since they can be brought on by dehydration. Good luck =) 

febmom007
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM

That's horrible to hear..

I just started getting them. Luckily it's not too uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)