Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i crazy?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

i am almost 34 weeks. i work at a day care usually from 9 to 5-6. i have found it PHYSICALLY impossiable to work. i cant walk more then 20 feet with out becoming extreamly out of breath and doubling over in pain from the contractions. the only time that i am not having contractions is when i am layin  on my left side. i do have a history of pre term labor. so the contractions kind of scare me. my boss wont cut my hours. i am not sure what to do. i have a drs app in the morning so i was gonna talk to my dr about going on a medical leave or bed rest or something but i cant handle work. am i crazy? has any1 else felt this way??

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cms52006
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Have your Dr write a note stating you can only work x-amount of hours. I had to do this for my job and I was salary.. Good luck and hopefully you can get some rest..

CafeMom Tickers
mommyajay
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM

SOMEONE TO RELATE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work at a daycare too. Its getting VERY difficult for me to work. I work in  the infant room so its hard to get up and down and up an down and  bend over and pick up toys and lift babies out of the crib. but then being in the older kid room is hard too so im stuck. Its getting to the point where im not sure if i will make it up to my due date I would love to but i  just dont know if its possible. About halfway through my shift i just  start getting tired and then i get frustrated or sleepy and thats not  good for me or the kids.

Im not positive but im pretty sure your boss cant tell you "no" when you ask for cut in hours. Thats BS. AND DO NOT LET HER FIRE YOU! if she pulls crap like that  you can start a lawsuit  they cant fire you for medical reasons or becuase you ask for cut in hours its against the law!!!!!!!!!

BeautyFromPain
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I worked in a daycare in the infant room when I was pregnant with my son. It really does get hard to continue working but for money purposes I worked up until my due date lol I wasn't having contractions or anything though. I do know how you feel though about picking the kids up and etc. I would just talk to you doctor about it. What my job did was put me on "other tasks" like answering phones etc... Good Luck!

gracie1234
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I could not imagine working at this stage in pregnancy, you are not crazy at all! This last tri really takes a toll on your body!

funlovinmama82
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I know how you feel...kinda.  I am a stay at home mom, but I feel like no matter how much I rest, or how little I do, I am stil getting contractions all the time and I am out of breath after walking up the stairs.  I have to sit down halfway through the dishes and laundry just to finish them.  I went grocery shopping yesterday and almost passed out in the store from walking for like 40 minutes.  I couldn't imagine working while being 9 months pregnant.  I did with my son, but I was 19 and it was way different than this pregnancy.  I felt pretty much normal except for the movement.  I would talk to your boss again, talk to your doctor, and if your boss doesn't want to comply just say L&I and they will get it done.  Just a little trick I learned.  You may actually want to call L&I and see what they have to say.  Good luck mama, it will all be over soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)