Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

im sure this has been talked about before, but heres the deal...im having colton via c-section on feb 1st. and im most definetly not wanting anymore kids period! but my hubby does, and im half tempeted since they will already have me open to tie my tubes...but then again there is some doubt about it. what do you think...also if not the big tubal, what are some other birth controls that work for you. im not about gaining weight, and i will be breastfeeding any info is greatly appreciated!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AbbysMommy1107
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM

After my daughter was born in November 2007, I got the Mirena. I never had any problems with it, and I breastfed until my daughter was 20 months old. I had it removed in may 09, and I got pregnant 2 weeks later, lol......i didn't gain any weight on it, but i did have some bad mood swings, which could have been from other things though.

Nikki   

troysmama08
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:26 PM

My fiance and I are 100% certain that baby #2 will be our last one.  I had gone round and round about whether to have my tubes tied, or get the IUD (Mirena).  I finally decided to just get my tubes done, since I'm going to be on the operating table anyways with my c-section.  I decided that way I never have to worry about birth control ever again, which is a nice thought.

I would say that if you are still on the fence about more babies, then the IUD is probably best for you.  I've never tried it, but a good friend of mine swears by it, and it's good for 5 years.  That gives you   some time to decide because remember sterilization is permanent, there's no going back.  Plus, like the previous post mentioned, getting pregnant after it has been removed does not seem to be too difficult.  I'm sure you will make the choice that is right for you.  Good luck ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)