Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

foods???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

So my son Is breastfed. And about a month ago I introduced oatmeal cereal to his bottle. I am still only giving it to him in his bottle for his bedtime feeding only. the reast of the night/day hes on the breast. So when do I start like feeding it to him??? instead of it being in a bottle??

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilmansmom13
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Everyone says wait until they are 6 months. I however started DS at about 4 months and have fed DD ,who is 4 months now, rice cereal from a spoon 3 times so far. The third time she finally got the hang of swallowing it. I will probably give it to her a few times a week for now until she gets more used to it.

I started early with both of my kids because they both get mad when they saw us eating normal food and cried becuase they wanteed some too!

Jennasmom08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM

You can start Rice/Oatmeal at 4 months then veggies at 6 months. Julia has had rice cereal and oatmeal, but really only like the oatmeal. I have never adding the cereal to a bottle only on a spoon.

Haylee1113
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 4:27 AM

carter started cereal with a spoon at 3 1/2 months and has never had it in a bottle. at 4 months now he is a champ with it.

momma_2b_2010
by Member on Jun. 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM

we started jacob rice cereal at 4 months with a spoon. we never put it in the bottle.

MelissaLDockter
by Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Riley is formula fed and his pediatrician told us nothing but formula until his 6 month checkup.  He has never had anything besides formula. 

BabyBoyMatthew
by Member on Jul. 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM

supposed to wait on solids till at least six months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)