Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

co sleepers?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

so i have co-slept with my son ever since my husband went back to korea. Baby was 3 weeks old at the time.  well today (baby is 4 days away from 5 months) my son scooted himself off the bed EVEN with pillows around him,while i was asleep. I woke up to the sound of him hitting the floor. it was awefull. so starting tonight he is no longer co sleeping and will be in his crib, BUT he still wakes up once a night to eat (breastfed).

anyone else gone through this yet?? my son is trying to crawl so i knew it was comming i just was hoping hed sleep all night before i put him in the crib.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BrooklynnsMomy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:21 PM

i co-sleep, BUT i sidecared his crib so he cant fall off...here is coltons bed... maybe something to try...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CDing, EBFing, NIP, NO COVER, BWing, APing, Non-CIO, Co-Sleeping, Vaccinating, Circumsizing, Local Grown Food Eating, Christian, Disabled Veterans wife to Robert and Mommy to Brooklynn and Colton

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:02 PM

thats neat but i do want my bed back and hubby is about to come home from deployment in about 2 months and im sure hed like to not have a kid RIGHT there when were trying to YA KNOW. its time to switch him back. gives him 2 months to get used to his new bed before daddy comes home,and not make him feel kicked out because daddys home.

mommy2be77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM
That is a really great idea with the bed, I co sleep with my dd too and last night she almost feel off the bed she is 5 days from being 5 months old and is starting to crawl as well. Maybe I should try that bed thing too. She does however sleep by her self in there a lot. But I get lazy some times lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrooklynnsMomy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM

we make a tent when we do the deed lol so colton is under the tent no blanket touching his face or antyhing and we do it after he just ate and is sound asleep lol...but yah i understand when my hubby came home from his second deployment he came home to a 19 month old who shared a room with us at my sisters no fun lol

Quoting JennaFoix:

thats neat but i do want my bed back and hubby is about to come home from deployment in about 2 months and im sure hed like to not have a kid RIGHT there when were trying to YA KNOW. its time to switch him back. gives him 2 months to get used to his new bed before daddy comes home,and not make him feel kicked out because daddys home.

CDing, EBFing, NIP, NO COVER, BWing, APing, Non-CIO, Co-Sleeping, Vaccinating, Circumsizing, Local Grown Food Eating, Christian, Disabled Veterans wife to Robert and Mommy to Brooklynn and Colton

BrooklynnsMomy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM

i loooove having him right there ots great! just keep in mind there will be a gap between ur bed and her mattress i put a body pillow down to push his mattress against ours

Quoting mommy2be77:

That is a really great idea with the bed, I co sleep with my dd too and last night she almost feel off the bed she is 5 days from being 5 months old and is starting to crawl as well. Maybe I should try that bed thing too. She does however sleep by her self in there a lot. But I get lazy some times lol.

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

awwww I bet lol.

Quoting BrooklynnsMomy:

we make a tent when we do the deed lol so colton is under the tent no blanket touching his face or antyhing and we do it after he just ate and is sound asleep lol...but yah i understand when my hubby came home from his second deployment he came home to a 19 month old who shared a room with us at my sisters no fun lol

Quoting JennaFoix:

WokingMama
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM

totally agree with "i get lazy sometimes"

this is my second baby... and my first co-slept with us for almost 2 years until we bought him the big boy bed... the transition was hard... so we had our own bed for awhile (he'll be 4 next month)... i told myself with this one i wouldnt do the same thing but its really hard to get up in the night to feed the baby especially since i recently went back to work full time any extra sleep is good for me...

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 9:22 PM

yeah  he sleeps in his crib for his naps and i put him to bed in his crib BUT  i also 'get lazy' and dont wanna get up to put him back in bed at 4 am when hes done eating.

Quoting mommy2be77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)