Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight have you gained?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 450 Total Views

I've already gained 5 lbs and I'm only 9 weeks!  I know I am supossed to gain between 3-6 lbsin the first trimester.  What the heck?  Maybe bc this is my second pregnancy or am I just making excuses?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wiskowbean
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM

LOL!  My last pregnancy (1st pregnancy I carried full term) I gained 12 lbs in the first trimester!  I ended up gaining a total of 37lbs.  Not bad. I'm doing better so far because I'm not nearly as hungry as I was last time.  I'm 8.5 weeks and I've gained 3.5lbs.  I even started out weighing a little less than I did for my last pregnancy.

I'd say to not worry about weight gain.  If you need to eat, then eat.  Your body will let you know.  Definately don't starve yourself because you're so worried about a "standard" weight gain.  It's different for everyone and every pregnancy.

Rialto
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I've gone in the opposite direction..I've lost 4 lbs because of MS..oh well I'll gain it back

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie
-tanya-
by Group Admin on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM

The MS is throwing me off. I used to eat perfectly healthy almost and in these couple weeks I ate more fast food than I've ate in my entire life!!! so sad. Ive gained like 1-2 lbs, and I am (sorta) trying to not gain a single one til like 15 weeks. I was working out right before I found I was pregnant, hubby and I were training for our very first 5k run, so I was in great shape. Haven't lifted a muscle since then, unless to change positions on the couch :(
I am going to start working out at 10 weeks. I am 8 today.

wiskowbean
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Quoting -tanya-:

The MS is throwing me off. I used to eat perfectly healthy almost and in these couple weeks I ate more fast food than I've ate in my entire life!!! so sad. Ive gained like 1-2 lbs, and I am (sorta) trying to not gain a single one til like 15 weeks. I was working out right before I found I was pregnant, hubby and I were training for our very first 5k run, so I was in great shape. Haven't lifted a muscle since then, unless to change positions on the couch :(
I am going to start working out at 10 weeks. I am 8 today.

I'm right there with you on not lifting a muscle.  I was still in weight loss mode from my son, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I started spotting. I didn't dare work out.  I'm no longer spotting, but now I feel sick all the time and just want to eat junk.

andreakb1
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I'm taking zofran and reglan bc my morning sickness and nausea was so bad.  All I want to do is eat to make myself feel better, hate that!  I've been working out everyday, whether it's walking or riding my bike, but the rest of the day I'm laying around.  I seriously need to get a grip!  LOL!

wntg1grl
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Since my pre pregnancy weight, I have lost a total of 20 lbs...I have had awful m/s...I am on Zofran and have been since about 5 weeks...I am only 10 now.  I am having twins, so I KNOW it will all come back...FAST!!!  Good question!

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

ndirishgirl82
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I have lost 7 lbs since I got pregnant.  I haven't been able to eat at all and I feel terrible.  I can get maybe one food meal in a day.  I am going to ask her next Monday when I go for my 8 wk appointment.  I am sure I will gain it all back.  I don't want to gain more than I did with my son which was 25 lbs