Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Gender Determination

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

Poll

Question: Will you do EGD?

Options:

Yes, FOR SURE

NO!!!! I dont want to know

Wish I could...too expensive

no, not offered in my area

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

I am just wondering how many of you plan to have an early gender determination?  In my area it is an out of pocket 3-4D ultrasound done as early as 15 weeks.  I am so impatient to find out "who" these 2 babies are, that I know I will do it.  I will be seeing a perinatologist at 18 weeks, but I know I will go before then...then they can confirm it at 18 weeks.  What are your thoughts?

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jaclynrscott
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:15 PM

How much does it usually cost?

wntg1grl
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

In my area I have found it as low as $89...it depends...you can search on your computer for places in your area...I have seen it at $200...thats a little much...

Quoting jaclynrscott:

How much does it usually cost?

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

Penguin_ie
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 6:09 AM

In my area it costs from 90 dollars for a simple 2D gender determination u/s to 300 dollars for a 3D u/s with lots of photos and a DVD set to music.  We are not actually doing it, I think waiting a month more to my 20 week hospital u/s is fine, but if the baby doesn't co-operate at the hospital u/s, we might go for a 3D and gender ultrasound afterwards, around 26 weeks.

mama2mycuties
by Member on Jul. 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM

we don't have it here have to drive a few hours.......so won't be able too......but i will be seeing a peri at the 12wk u/s and they are bringing the level 2 equip so maybe(crossing fingers lol) they will be able to see! my best friend and i will be going to get 4d u/s together though towards the end of preg, fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)