Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound today..Wasn't good. :(

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 395 Total Views

I have been spotting off and on for about 3-4 weeks now and my dr has been watching me pretty close.  At first sign of spotting he pulled me off work and started me on progestrone.  I was having my HCG levels checked every 2-3 days for a week.  My first 2 levels were both in the 11,000 range so he sent me in to have another blood draw which went up to 14,000's.  He thought all was going to be ok.  The spotting continued and now at 9 weeks prego he sent me in for a STAT ultrasound today.  The sac is only measuring at 5 weeks 2 days.  We could see the sac very well and could see that something was inside the sac, but couldn't see or hear a heartbeat on the ultrasound.  My feelings are that the baby has quit growing and now I may be facing a D&C because I'm not totally bleeding.  I don't know what else to do but pray that the baby will be ok, but I don't want to give myself false hope.  My husband is trying to be reassuring but I just don't know what else to expect.  If anyone has any suggestions, or if anyone has been thru this kind of situation please fill me in.  I'm scared and don't know what to think.  I'm having more blood work done first thing tomorrow morning to see where my levels are now.  Please pray for us.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xpecting1st
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:36 AM

I will pray for you hon :)  Could you only be that far along?  I have had 2 MC, one that happened before my first appt, and the second was a D and C after going to my first appt and finding no heartbeat.  I was about 9 weeks at that point.  I never bled or anything, and felt totally normal.  It was a complete shock to me, and definitely the hardest thing I have ever been through.  I hope your outcome is brighter than mine.  I am now pregnant with my second successful pregnancy, so I know things get better.  Keep us updated, and I will pray.

Stocking in the Grand Re-Opening of Sugar and Spice Congo here on August 7th @ 12:00 Eastern.  CWCB Congo here next on August 17th @ 12:00 Eastern, click on banner above for link :) Coming soon........the grand opening of Roo-Bug's Hyena Cart store here

codyswifeajsmom
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:21 AM

i will keep you in my prayers!

huggingpraying

wntg1grl
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM

prayers are on their way...be calm...anything can happen...keep us posted...

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

amberlong
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM

My prayers are with you. Is he doing a follow up ultrasound to see if the baby is growing? Keep us updated

Raiderbell11
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I had another round of blood work done today.  I should know the results from that in a couple hours.  I don't think I could only be 5 weeks along because my last period was June 8.  I don't know if I could have ovulated again after being prego already, I don't think that's possible.  I'm hoping to have some peace one way or another today.

emersonsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Good luck with your results!  Its always so sad to hear about these hard times for some people.  I hope you find peace in whatever answer you get!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)