Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby belly.. or lack there of?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 455 Total Views

Is anybody else not showing yet either?? 

I just looked at all the belly pics and am feeling a little left out over here!!   This is my 2nd baby so I guess I was sort of expecting to show sooner (didn't show with my son until 6.5 months =/)    I'm starting to think I carry my babies pretty far back (already have some back pain.)

I'm due Feb 3rd so am 15 weeks today... fiance and I were just talking yesterday about how it hasn't really hit us that we have another on the way because I'm not showing yet!   Arghhh!!!   He thinks I'm crazy for wishing I was showing... I guess just wanna look pregnant since I definitely FEEL pregnant.  Maybe I'm just wierd? lol.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wntg1grl
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I'm guessing you'll show earlier than 6.5 mos, but remember every pregnancy is different...you wont get thru it withou a belly, and if you do you should be on I didnt know I was pregnant....LOL!! :)

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

queencrystalis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I'm guessing you're carrying in your back.  I didn't show until I was 14 weeks with my second, but every woman and every pregnancy are soooo different! 

BeautyFromPain
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Im the same way. Im due Feb 1st and not really showing and its also my 2nd. I hope we get that baby bump we want soon :)

emersonsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I'm not really showing yet either.  And this is my 3rd.  After my second though (he was over 9 lbs) I had someone say to me that they had no idea I was pregnant.  (I had gained 70 lbs. that pregnancy) So I must carry in a way that I really don't stick out much at all.

andreakb1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:59 PM

This is my 2nd and my belly has totally popped out.  with my last pregnancy I didn't show until I was about 5 months.  I already gained 13lbs!  AHHHH!  enjoy not showing yet.  I feel fat, lol!

Ng.Oddity
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

No worries.  I am not showing either.  As a matter of fact, I really dont even feel pregnant.  I had an u/s Monday... convinces me I am actually pregnant but other than that & occasional sore boobs... I wouldnt know.

Crystal Pau
DW - TO MIKE
Mommy to - Ian, Brittany, & a Peanut

My Little BIG man IAN WILLIAM ! July 25, 2002
Photobucket
KozeyK
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Ng.Oddity:

No worries.  I am not showing either.  As a matter of fact, I really dont even feel pregnant.  I had an u/s Monday... convinces me I am actually pregnant but other than that & occasional sore boobs... I wouldnt know.

I feel the same way occasionally.  I do tend to forget every now and again that I'm even pregnant. 

The back pain is there so, I'm just pretty much convinced I carry in my back opposed to out front like a lot of people.  4 months with back pain already... *sigh*  Good thing I'm almost 1/2 way!

MommytoBlake04
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM

i can't really tell if i am showing yet or not i have posted pics of my belly in the belly forum and have had several comments from friends or family and even my husband saying that i am showing but i just think most of it was from my son..and if it wasn't for me feeling very preggers i wouldn't know i was..my nurse told me today i've gained 4 1/2 lbs and that i was a lb over but she wasn't going to worry about it and that i wasn't showing yet..i almost wanted to cry because i've gained that much weight but i dont see it lol im sure we'll show soon enough lol

IloveLacey
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:56 PM

My belly didn't start showing until about 22 weeks with my 2nd. And I'm not showing at all yet and I'm 13 weeks.

ndirishgirl82
by Member on Aug. 14, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I am not really showing yet either.  I will be 13 weeks tomorrow but I am already having lower back pains.  I didn't start showing with my son until I was about 6 months.  After I eat I get bloated and feel like I am showing but when I wake up in the morning there is really nothing there.  I am sure it won't be too much longer before I start showing though.  I haven't gained any weight yet either which is also how  I was with my son so I am guessing this will be like the same way it was with my son.