Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dani's TWIN belly!!! Updated 11-29-09 with 26 week pics : )

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 7915 Total Views

Pre-twin belly (about 10 months pp from my son):

4 weeks:

10 weeks 2 days:

13 weeks 4 days:

17 weeks:

20 weeks:

26 weeks:

10 weeks left to go (until 36 weeks when my dr wants me to deliver)!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BeautyFromPain
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Adorable!!!!

queencrystalis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Awe, how adorable!!!! 

danimarieaz
by Member on Oct. 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Finally update!! Just bumping it up : )

danimarieaz
by Member on Nov. 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Bumping the post up....updated with 26 week pics : )

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2009 at 11:25 AM

why ould they deliver twins at 36 weeks?? If not neccesary??? you'd think with 2 especially theyd wnat them staying in as long as possible. So Im guessing you've already scheduled a c- section???

Cute belly by the way. Amazing that you dont have stretch marks. Lucky you, even with two in there you dont get em.

danimarieaz
by Member on Nov. 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

At this point both babies are head down, so they are planning to induce, not do a C-section.  The babies are identical and share a placenta.  That is why they are inducing at 36 weeks. My doctor likes to try to get twins to 38 weeks if they each have their own placenta, but since they are sharing one, it really takes a toll on the placenta.  They are also each measuring about 5 days ahead of a normal singleton right now.  Both my regular OB and a different perinatologist that I have seen say that with the shared placenta thing, making it to 36 weeks is great (that is considered "full term" with twins by a lot of doctors I guess) Only about 50% of all twins make it to 36 weeks....the other half deliver before that naturally. 

Also, my doctor will just strip my membranes first....it is pretty for sure that just doing that will put me into labor, because that is how labor has started with both of my other babies. They will only schedule a C-section if baby A (the one closer to my cervix) is breech. As long as he is head down (even if baby B is breech) they will let me try a vaginal delivery.

Quoting JennaFoix:

why ould they deliver twins at 36 weeks?? If not neccesary??? you'd think with 2 especially theyd wnat them staying in as long as possible. So Im guessing you've already scheduled a c- section???

Cute belly by the way. Amazing that you dont have stretch marks. Lucky you, even with two in there you dont get em.

JennaFoix
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:05 PM

wow thats awesome that they are growing so well and even with one placenta.

Its also awesome that they're willing to let you try a vaginal delivery. Are you nervouse/scared for that??? I would guess once one is out the other will just slide right through whats already been stretched, but ive never had twins so i dunno.

Goodluck though and glad to hear they are doing so well in there.

Quoting danimarieaz:

At this point both babies are head down, so they are planning to induce, not do a C-section.  The babies are identical and share a placenta.  That is why they are inducing at 36 weeks. My doctor likes to try to get twins to 38 weeks if they each have their own placenta, but since they are sharing one, it really takes a toll on the placenta.  They are also each measuring about 5 days ahead of a normal singleton right now.  Both my regular OB and a different perinatologist that I have seen say that with the shared placenta thing, making it to 36 weeks is great (that is considered "full term" with twins by a lot of doctors I guess) Only about 50% of all twins make it to 36 weeks....the other half deliver before that naturally. 

Also, my doctor will just strip my membranes first....it is pretty for sure that just doing that will put me into labor, because that is how labor has started with both of my other babies. They will only schedule a C-section if baby A (the one closer to my cervix) is breech. As long as he is head down (even if baby B is breech) they will let me try a vaginal delivery.

Quoting JennaFoix:

MamaJAG
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I can't believe you have TWINS in there!  You look like you're carrying  a perfectly normal singleton.  Crazy!

Jess, Jesus follower, pro-life, previous breast-feeder, non NIP, anti co-sleeping, anti Dr. Sears, cloth diapering, circumcising, cautiously vaccinating, routine following, early self soothing proponent, extended rear facing, extended harnessing SAHM to Caden (3) and Cole (1)
BeautyFromPain
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM

You look great!!! So adorable! Love seeing the belly grow with your little ones inside :) I cant wait to see pictures of your twins :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)