Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED ADVICE

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

Ok so i dont know if you guys remember me saying i was bleeding like 3 weeks ago... Well i have went to the Doc every week since the bleeding started and i have got two ultrasound. In both the baby looked great! Growing and moving around like crazy. The doc. said there is NOTHING he can do about the bleeding and when i get to be about 24 weeks he will start montering me closer and give me staroid shots incase we need to take the baby way early. He said he doesnt know where the bleeding is comming from. Ladys ITS LIKE IM on my period!!! I mean RED RED RED blood and i have to wear a pad alllll the time. I have really small clots at times.
I am freaked out because WHY would i be bleeding like this if there is nothing wrong??? My hubby and i havent had sex since the bleeding started. so i know its not that. (by the way god i need some sex!!!! lol) I feel the baby moving but it still freaks me out that i might lose it!
Should i go get a second opinion to why im bleeding since it seems like my doc says he cant do anything because he doesnt know where its comming from??? My doc is a REALLLY awesome doc. I had him with my daughter and i love him BUT i feel like im getting NO answers :(
Thanks for listening ...

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BeautyFromPain
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I wish I could say something to make you feel better but I really don't know what to say. I don't know anything about it. But I have heard of women having a period like blood flow through out their entire pregnancy. Not sure what causes it or why but have heard of it. I hope you get some answers soon :)

Wethepeoplets1
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I think you should def get a 2nd opinion if you are able to. What could it hurt? Just see what someone else says and if they say something drastically different get a third opinion too. I had some unexplained bleeding after my last daughter (not during the pregnancy) and no one could tell me what was wrong. I would be fine one day and then the next it would look like I was going to bleed to death. One day I couldn't even get off the toilet because I was just bleeding so much and I went to the hospital and then diagnose me with, get this, "vaginal bleeding". Finally my doctor decided to try and put me on antibiotics to see if that would help and guess what.. I stopped bleeding two days later. Still to this day I have no idea what was wrong. I hate when doctors have no answers =(.  

photosbyheather
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:13 PM

perinatologist.

i do see one myself cuz i am over 35, with a seizure disorder, previous mulitple pregnancy loss, and with identical twins.

wntg1grl
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM

well, I would get a 2nd, and 3rd opinion if you can.  My only idea is that your placenta is over your cervix, but I would think that would be the obvious thing a dr would check for with ultrasound.  I hope you get some answers!!  It would be very hard not knowing and thinking that bleeding is normal...I dont think it is.  Good luck!!

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

MommytoBlake04
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM

i dont know hun if it was me i would probably get a second opinion. one of my friends has three kids and i think her second one she said she bled so heavy during the pregnancy she thought she was miscarrying she said she would bleed heavy and it was red and would pass clots also and now her daughter is 4 and started preschool : ) if you can feel the baby move and the ultrasounds look good and the heart beat is good and strong i would try not to worry too much..but definitely if you want get a second opinion , it never hurts...good luck hun and i hope it stops and i hear ya on the sex thing btw my hubby and i have had sex maybe once since i've gotten preggers because i've had a miscarriage before and we didn't want to take any risks to this pregnancy or whatever i know they say if your not bleeding and the dr. says its ok to go ahead but we didn't want to lol so let us know what you find out

MommytoBlake04
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:56 AM

that sounds like experiences i have had with dr.s thats weird..like no crap your bleeding duh lol i'd be mad...dr.s annoy me sometime lol

Quoting Wethepeoplets1:

I think you should def get a 2nd opinion if you are able to. What could it hurt? Just see what someone else says and if they say something drastically different get a third opinion too. I had some unexplained bleeding after my last daughter (not during the pregnancy) and no one could tell me what was wrong. I would be fine one day and then the next it would look like I was going to bleed to death. One day I couldn't even get off the toilet because I was just bleeding so much and I went to the hospital and then diagnose me with, get this, "vaginal bleeding". Finally my doctor decided to try and put me on antibiotics to see if that would help and guess what.. I stopped bleeding two days later. Still to this day I have no idea what was wrong. I hate when doctors have no answers =(.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)