Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pilot sees missile or rocket outside his airplane (What do you think?)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

I heard this story on the news this morning and can't stop thinking about it.  There was that Air France Jet crash and now this.  Pilots are speaking out about the Air France Jet crash saying that there is no way a plane would be blown to pieces from flying through a storm.  Planes fly through storms every day.  If for some reason the jet was damaged by the storm it wouldn't have ended up in a million pieces.  It would have landed as one whole piece in the ocean.  Now a pilot is saying that he believes he saw a missile barely miss his airplane.  This pilot is former military and has no reason to be doubted.  I'm wondering what the heck is going on. 

What do you all think about these two stories?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190537/Mystery-commercial-jet-pilot-sees-missile-rocket-flying-near-aeroplane.html

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1102&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20090602%2F1555034818.htm&sc=1102

by on Jun. 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
toriandgrace
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I think it's really scary! I really hope it's not a new form of terrorism..

reyesgirl85
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM

That is crazy...i hope its not a act of terrorism either

Melbornj
by on Jun. 4, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Gosh that is really scary, maybe I need to turn on the television and watch some news.  Sometimes I feel better just being ignorant.  It kind of makes me think twice about travelling on an airplane.  How scary and I hope that it all can be figured out before anything happens to anyone else.  It is kind of odd that last year was the second or third year in the last fifty years that there was no commercial airline accidents and it would seem every other week there is some kind of accidents involving airplanes.  It is so sad that we have to worry about things like this.  People keep asking why we are fighting and maybe when things keep happening closer and closer to home they will be more thankful to the people that are deployed and fighting to keep us safe.

Mommy2AddieE
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 12:17 AM

I don't know about those articles.  It seems that it will be hard to ever know what really happened since the plan is somewhere in the Atlantic.  DH is big into the news due in part to his job... the other part is he just loves current events and politics (insert snore here ;))... and was talking about this tonight while we were getting ready to watch a movie.  I was half listening (whoops!) but here's the article he was talking about..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_plane

This cites bad weather, specifically a series of black, electrically charged cumulonimbus clouds, as the likely cause for the crash.  Seems more plausible to me than a terrorist attack causing a plane to break apart. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

vnw1405
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Mommy2AddieE:

I don't know about those articles.  It seems that it will be hard to ever know what really happened since the plan is somewhere in the Atlantic.  DH is big into the news due in part to his job... the other part is he just loves current events and politics (insert snore here ;))... and was talking about this tonight while we were getting ready to watch a movie.  I was half listening (whoops!) but here's the article he was talking about..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_plane

This cites bad weather, specifically a series of black, electrically charged cumulonimbus clouds, as the likely cause for the crash.  Seems more plausible to me than a terrorist attack causing a plane to break apart. 

I think it's odd that now they are saying the pilot sent a manuel message saying he was flying through "CBs" when in the beginning they said the only information they had to go off of was an automatic message sent by the plane reporting lost cabin pressure and electrical failure.  I'm not saying it's a terrorist act but it still sounds like they are coming up with crap to cover their asses so that people quit questioning it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)