• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saving money

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 313 Total Views
What are some ideas and ways you started to save money to prep up for the recession
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DreamMentor
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Hi,

My name is Imani Alcantara and I am a blessed wife and home schooling/WAH mother of four with # 5 due this fall.   There are numerous ways to save..form the common cutting coupon, to planning you meals for the week, following two weeks or COAM (Cooking Once A Month).  Don't forget bulk buying, bread making and canning! Many of these money saving activities are wonderful to participate in especially in a group!

Blessings,

Imani

Myni
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I started to look more into using the regular house hold appliances that serve many purpose such as baking soda, peroxide and vinigar. I also starting evaulating  my neccessity from my needs as far as my phone rate plans, and cable service.I also started to purchase more energy saving appliances

ria7
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I think family night saves money and is so good for the family. Dont get me wrong i luv to go sightseeing, but instead of always having to go somewhere, my dd and I play games. We love rummy, sorry, mononpoly, uno and many more. Next time you want something to do as a family clear off the table and break outa game...winner doesnt have to help with dishes at our house.

Myni
by Group Owner on Jun. 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM
I clip coupons from online and sundays paper. I shop for sale items and I double my coupons
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)