Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND TELL US WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Poll

Question: HAVE YOU TAKEN ANY STEPS TO ACCOMPLISHING YOUR DREAM OR GOAL?

Options:

YES

NO

KIND OF (Explain your answer)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

Hi all. Welcome to the group. Please introduce your self and tell us what your dream or goal is in life. We will help encourage each other and give each other the courage to step out and just do it. So tell us... What Is Your Dream?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katestreasures
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hi I am Katestreasures and my dream has always been to:

1. Own my own corporation with a chain of retail stores

2. Be a motivational speaker

3. Teach Workshops at Seminars

I have started my own business but no where near on the scale of my dream and  I have done some public speaking. I have a looooong way to go. I have so many ideas always swimming around in my head all the time. I formed this group to help empower moms like myself to let them know that all things are possible (with God's help) if we just believe.

MomNameFitGame
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Hi!  I'm Anne and a few of my dreams are:

Irish dance competitively

Have a fit, healthy body

Write a humor column for a newpaper or blog

I've taken steps in two out of three :)  Although I'm on hold due to financial reasons now, I have begun Irish step lessons (and continue to practice what I have learned, despite a hold on official classes) which also helps with the healthy bod thing.  For that I've also drastically cut my junk food consumption and begun Turbo Jam (which just may lead to a new goal of being a top Turbo instructor, because I LOVE THOSE WORKOUTS!) 

Writing I haven't done much with because I'm so afraid of letting people read my stuff.  (plus my confidence took a hit when I stumbled into THE funniest blog on the web...I LOVE to read it but it kind of gets me to the "oh why bother, I'm not as funny as she is!" mindset)

katestreasures
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Wow it seems you are well on your way to achieving your dreams. It seems like you had a plan and executed it. Good for you!  The thing about the blog... Have confidence in your ability. We are all different. It's like a bag of skittles. Some people LOVE  the red ones, some love the green ones, some the yellow but they are all good. There are many people who will prefer your writings over the rest. Use your own personality in your writings. Find out what style works best for you and perfect it. They will love you!

Quoting MomNameFitGame:

Hi!  I'm Anne and a few of my dreams are:

Irish dance competitively

Have a fit, healthy body

Write a humor column for a newpaper or blog

I've taken steps in two out of three :)  Although I'm on hold due to financial reasons now, I have begun Irish step lessons (and continue to practice what I have learned, despite a hold on official classes) which also helps with the healthy bod thing.  For that I've also drastically cut my junk food consumption and begun Turbo Jam (which just may lead to a new goal of being a top Turbo instructor, because I LOVE THOSE WORKOUTS!) 

Writing I haven't done much with because I'm so afraid of letting people read my stuff.  (plus my confidence took a hit when I stumbled into THE funniest blog on the web...I LOVE to read it but it kind of gets me to the "oh why bother, I'm not as funny as she is!" mindset)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)