Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Get the Sleep Group GROWING!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 814 Total Views

I spend a lot of time thinking about sleep. My sleep and my children's sleep.

When my children don't sleep, I don't sleep. So, I work really hard at helping my children sleep.

Sometimes what I do works, sometimes it doesn't.

I started this group so we can all talk about what's working and what's not working with our sleep routines, plans, programs, ideas.

Please be respectful of all the ideas in this group. I'm sure controversial topics will come up and when they do, please keep in mind that we're all trying to do the best we can.

I look forward to learning a lot from everyone in this group!

-- Elizabeth

by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuteChunky
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Thank you for inviting me! I am looking forward to this group! :)

firenicecream
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

wave!!!!!

diamond3270
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 7:37 PM

have a good nightI trully don't get any sleep and I look forward to seeing what moms have to say about how they are handling their sleepless nights. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.

britteny496
by New Member on May. 30, 2010 at 1:06 PM

i am a fine women 2 be what

shaysmommy5810
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 4:39 PM

awesome group idea, could def get some use outta this!

kayleelove521
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Hi my name is Lindsay. I am a first time mom of a 4 month baby girl, Kaylee. My daughter doesn't seem to want to sleep and in return I don't sleep. I think I'm going to lose my mind if I don't start getting sleep! HELP!!!!

OlliesMom2009
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Hi my name is Alyson I am a first time mom of a 16 month old son named Oliver. Since birth he has not slept for a brief period he slept half the night in his crib with no fighting and would sleep half the night getting up for a bottle once then up for the day by 7am. Now he wont nap during the day and refuses to sleep in his crib and gets up all hours of the night. It's killing my relationship with his dad and I'm exhausted.

It's nice to know I am not the only one who is having night time issues. Hopefully I will learn ideas I haven't read in books because I have tried everything from cry it out (he gets so emotional he throws up and can scream for an hour straight) to staying up and listening for his movement to catch him before he actually wakes up. I'm out of ideas and looking for any helpful advise.

FuhrerMomma
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM

The first 10 weeks of my sons life was sooo hard. I was nursing and trying to calm a screaming, exhausted baby down day and night. The only thing I could do was walk around with him. Until I found WHITE NOISE! He absolutely LOVES static from the radio or T.V. Sometimes it is the only thing that will get him relax. And because he was relaxed, he would fall asleep. Now, in the middle of the night, if I turn his Teddy Bear (Barry) on that plays RAIN, he is OUT!!

FuhrerMomma
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

My son, Oliver (4months), has had a hard time sleeping. He has been a frequent waker, and a short time napper. I was ALL OUT OF IDEAS, except for yours, crynig it out or scooping it up. I know that books may not be your thing, but the "No-Cry Sleep Solution" book helped me out tremendously. I started to understand how many hours he was supposed to be getting, how often, how to help him stay asleep, ect. It is a fast paced book and trust me, you won't want to put it down because it is filled with SO MUCH USEFUL INFORMATION! Oliver is now doing a lot better and I can actually get him to sleep up to 4-5 hours in a row at night...compared to the 1/2hr- 1hr that he was doing before. I wish you luck and DON'T GIVE UP!

*Estelle* *LaRae*

Mommiebiz824
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Hi there ladies! Im also a first time mom, and while my son is now a toddler I also struggled with being sleep deprived! After I helped a few of my friends sleep train their babies they encouraged me to put everything I did into book form so other moms could benefit from everything I learned! If you are interested in sleep training check out the free sleep report to get you started at www.mybabysleeps.com i hope this helps someof you, good luck!

BTW My son finally started sleeping after just about two weeks of trainign and he's still an awesoe sleeper, in bed by 8pm every night! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)